The Warren Center advocates, serves and empowers the children and families impacted by developmental delays and disabilities.
The Warren Center seeks to fill the position of Director of Development (DOD) responsible establishing the structure and strategy for the ongoing philanthropic support for the center through annual, capital and planned giving. The DOD will report directly to the Executive Director who will supervise and evaluate his/her work. He/she will be a person with the skills, background and commitment needed for this critical function in relationship- based fundraising.
The DOD is responsible for developing, sustaining, and deepening relationships with individuals, families, foundations, corporations, and the broader community. The objective of all development activities is to help potential supporters understand the ongoing needs of The Warren Center and, in turn, know how to respond with gifts of resources. The DOD will be expected to administer to the needs of the donors and identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these very important partners for The Warren Center.
The DOD will focus on donor development, grants, donor research, and database administration. The DOD must be an affable and highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts. The DOD will also be responsible for engaging other resources of The Warren Center to grow donor relationships and support.
The DOD is responsible for fundraising activities of the organization and includes the following:
· Work closely with the Executive Director, the Board of Trustees, and the Development Committee
· Create the annual fundraising plan with measurable goals and timelines
· Maintain a portfolio of 25-30 individuals/corporations/foundations identified as current or potential major donors;
· Work with the Development Team to strengthen mid-level donor plans, as well as grass roots and donor
acquisition strategies; take responsibility for financial goals and growth objectives established for each revenue
· Organize and implement appropriate donor recognition and stewardship programs
· Oversee special events and make staff assignments as appropriate.
· Bachelor’s degree with five years of experience in Development or a comparable area
· Demonstrated ability to navigate and maintain a donor-based software system to effectively track donor
· Organized and administratively gifted able to manage multiple projects at once while knowing how to prioritize
their importance as necessary
· Ability to manage and lead Development Team members responsible for mid-level and grass roots development
activities and related metrics
· Ability to effectively, intelligently, and passionately articulate the story The Warren Center of and the
transformational impact on the lives of those we serve, and the financial needs of the organization.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated emotional intelligence, relational sensibilities, teamwork and
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. The Warren Center is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
Minimum Education Required