IIE’s mission is to help people and organizations leverage the power of international education and thrive in today’s interconnected world. IIE develops and implements many of the world’s most effective and prestigious competitive awards.The Inbound Advisor monitors and advises a medium to large caseload of (more than 150) participants coming into the United States. The Inbound Advisor communicates frequently with participants, monitoring their program compliance, academic or professional progress, and skills development. Advisor builds networks with institutional partners and IIE constituents to ensure participant success.
- Serves as main point of contact for a medium to large caseload of (more than 150) participants and host institutions
- Monitors, tracks, and reports on participant academic or professional progress, conduct, well-being, and program compliance
- Provides emergency support, connecting participants to local resources and coordinating follow-up, as necessary
- Maintains participant data in CRM, following established processes
- Assists in the planning and implementation of regional and global events, as necessary
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least two years of related work experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of international participants and ability to manage cultural and counseling issues
- Broad knowledge of assessment, training, and advising tools
- Project management, time management, and administrative skills
- Strong interest and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and clients, ability to exercise discretion on confidential matters
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
10 to 25%
Minimum Education Required