Prep for Prep develops leaders from under-represented communities through access to a superior education and life-changing opportunities. Since 1978, Prep has identified New York City's most able students of color through a highly selective admissions process and, following 14 months of rigorous academic preparation, placed them at leading independent schools in the City and boarding schools throughout the Northeast. Once placed, Prep offers its students a sense of community, peer support, critical post-placement services, and a host of leadership development opportunities through college graduation.
The results are compelling: more Prep students have graduated from Harvard than any other institution, and over 90% of Prep's 2,546 college graduates have earned degrees from the most competitive colleges in the country; nearly 40% have graduated from Ivy League schools. They are emerging leaders in every field from business and law, to education and the arts, to science and medicine. Prep shares its best practices with like-minded organizations through an initiative called Smart Connections. Through Smart Connections, Prep has impacted over 250,000 students around the world, including in Argentina, India, and South Africa.
The Database Administrator will support a not for profit organization in the efforts of managing our primary database run on Filemaker. Additionally some front end development will be necessary for our supported webpages internally and externally. The Database administrator will also be expected to assist in standardizing processes for all departments, automating flow, presenting information through dashboards and layouts, and building controls to prevent errors.
The Database Administrator’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Development of queries to synchronize, monitor, and control the Filemaker Datasource
• Development of stored procedures for SQL jobs to report on processes anomalies
• Configuration of Task Scheduler tasks with corresponding SQL queries and store procedures for processes automation
• Optimization of existing queries and stored procedures
• Root-cause analysis of issues, debugging of errors and coding changes as necessary
• Work closely with the Admissions and Alumni Affairs departments to assist with any reporting needs & solutions/automations findings.
• Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the organization's value
Background / Experience
• 1-2 years as a SQL Server queries Developer
• 1 year experience in front-end development
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills - proven ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
• Flexibility and adaptability to different situations
• Passion for delivering actionable insights
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
• Ability to work autonomously, perform well under pressure and manage change effectively
• Shows value for different opinions, shows flexibility to different opinions.
• Shows interest to learn and share from others.
• Learns and interacts positively with the environment
• Demonstrate strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
• Demonstrating good knowledge of Filemaker and Coldfusion is a plus
• Awareness and knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure Cloud is a plus
• Awareness of Machine Learning and Neural Networking is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Database Administrator” to: Director of Human Resources and Staff Development
Minimum Education Required