420 Fifth Avenue
As an Administrative Assistant (AA), you're a core member of President’s Office team supporting the clerical, correspondence, and logistical functions of the department. The position requires you to anticipate the needs of the Chief of Staff (COS) and team members to resolve operational and administrative issues before they arise. You have the ability to move quickly with the changing environment and you use the experience that you have acquired throughout your career to strategically support your team's projects. In addition to being agile, organized and analytical, you possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions. If you like a dynamic, fast paced environment while remaining calm and flexible in the face of ever-changing priorities and needs, then this is the role for you!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
The position is responsible for supporting administrative functions of the President’s Office – including answering phones, greeting guests, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, processing expense reports, providing logistical support on events, ordering supplies and managing the flow of documents to the President.
The Administrative Assistant will support the President and Chief of Staff by:
- Tracking and monitoring all internal and external requests for the President’s time through the designated online system, and ensuring that all requests are addressed in a timely manner
- Processing the President’s incoming electronic mail and correspondence and forwarding urgent matters as needed
- Drafting, proofreading, securing sign-off and disseminating correspondence on behalf of the President and Chief of Staff
- Managing and updating the President’s Office contacts database
- Ensuring the President has all necessary briefings and materials in advance and coordinating delivery if needed
- Providing scheduling and administrative support for the Chief of Staff and assisting with special projects and research as needed
This position is supervised by and reports to the Chief of Staff.
Qualifications & Skills:
Team Player: Strong social skills and willingness to work together with a small team; provide back up for all; adaptable and flexible
Communication: Excellent interpersonal abilities; excellent listening skills, writing and verbal skills; ability to be discrete
Detail-orientated: Rigorous about details, particularly as it relates to spelling and grammar errors and conducts all work with a standard of excellence
Decision-Making: Analytical and strong problem-solving abilities; takes initiative, drives for results, knows how to prioritize work, communicates problems and proposes solutions as appropriate
Execution: Sense of urgency and responsibility, meets deadlines, flexible work style, ability to multitask and work under pressure, detail oriented
Partnership and Relationship Building: Internal and/or external ambassador, intercultural appreciation, interpersonal competencies
Strategic Ability: Anticipates future opportunities and consequences; demonstrates innovative approach to work; ability to organize chaos into coherent plan
Preferred Education and Experience :
- Minimum of four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Highly effective and efficient administrative skills and abilities, including ability to develop and implement administrative systems to accomplish work
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with flexibility and detail orientation. Able to prioritize, work under pressure, and meet short deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills. Ability to draft original correspondence. Strong proofreading and editing abilities are also necessary for this role
- Demonstrated ability to manage telephone calls and messages with confidence and professionalism.
- Computer proficiency in: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet search skills, PowerPoint, and ability to learn new online applications quickly
- A minimum of four years administrative work experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Experience coordinating logistics in visible position strongly preferred
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required