About Plan A:
Plan A is a nonprofit organization that brings mobile health clinics to rural and underserved communities. Our expanding organization is searching for a Finance Director to join the team in a part time remote role. Over the next few months, we expect the work to primarily focus on overseeing internal controls, budgeting, profit and loss reporting, and account reconciliation. Beginning in the fall, the work will expand to include evaluating investments, audit activities, managing tax compliance, and developing financial strategy. The below responsibilities are inclusive of how the role will evolve. The ideal candidate is mission-oriented and passionate about improving access to health care. The position is remote - resident of Mississippi is preferred but will consider candidates from elsewhere in the country.
- Develop and monitor budgets
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Oversee internal controls including payment authorization.
- Ensure all financial operations comply with federal and state laws
- Analyze and present financial reports on financial performance in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
- Participate in financial planning and strategy
- Oversee tax functions
- Minimum of a BA in accounting or finance, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree
- At least 3-5 years of overall professional experience with non profits; ideally 3-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience with a nonprofit,
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Understanding of financial practices and policies with nonprofits including grant management (role will not require grant writing). Broad knowledge of accounting principles and common banking practices.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination in nonprofits or health care.
- Financial management experience
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Proficiency with Quickbooks Online
- Experience with healthcare budgets/familiarity with reimbursements, etc.
- Job Type: Part-timered.