Role: Volunteer Experience Manager, Lifeline
Reports to: Director of Lifeline
Overview of the role
The Volunteer Experience Manager, Lifeline is responsible for ensuring a high-quality experience for hundreds of volunteer counselors located throughout the country who directly support LGBTQ youth reaching out to Trevor’s Lifeline. They will also focus on improving the volunteer experience to increase retention, quality of care, and overall volunteer satisfaction. Day-to-day, the Volunteer Experience Manager will lead operations that involve delivering key communications, growth initiatives, quality assurance, and being actively engaged in maintaining counselor performance. This person will work with other organizational leaders to continually improve The Trevor Project’s crisis services programs and scale processes for successful programmatic growth.
Who you are
- Builder. You’re someone who thinks strategically. You’re excited about the opportunity to take the status quo as just a starting point, then implement best practices and continually innovate.
- Goal-oriented. You set aggressive goals that are achievable, then focus on exceeding them.
- Experienced. You have a proven track record of working with volunteers in a non-profit organization and/or understanding of volunteer strategy or comparable experience (e.g., guest services, etc.)
- Driven by Data. You enjoy developing and working with complex spreadsheets. You are an analytical and metrics-driven leader.
- Collaborative. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork.
- Flexible. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working through competing priorities.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the entire volunteer experience for Lifeline counselors, including retention, quality, communications and engagement
- Directly supervise up to three Associates who will support with volunteer graduation, onboarding, engagement, and performance
- Manage scheduling for hundreds of volunteer counselors to ensure coverage for our life-saving services
- Lead volunteer engagement initiatives to recognize, retain, and build community among our incredible volunteers
- Work with the crisis services team and organizational leaders to ensure volunteers are performing at a high level and incorporating best practices into their work
- Communicate with other managers and leadership to ensure volunteers are implementing best practices
- Analyze data and lead innovations to improve Trevor’s crisis services operating model
- As needed, serve as On-Call Consult, supervise shifts, take calls, and support counselor training