7240 Southwest 10th Avenue
JOB TITLE: Mental Health Clinician
LINE OF RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible to the Lead Clinician
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
The Mental Health Clinician is responsible for providing specified mental health services to Unaccompanied Children (UC) in the ORR (Office of Refugee Resettlement) program.
E = essential function, M = marginal function
1. Conducts and documents assigned mental health assessments. (E)
2. Screens for trauma and child abuse including sexual abuse and human trafficking. (E)
3. Screens for risk of harm to self or others and recommends appropriate response. (E)
4. Contributes to individual service plan (ISP) for each UC. (E)
5. Provides individual, group, and family therapy. (E)
6. Provides oversight for UC’s mental and emotional health. (E)
7. Provides crisis intervention as needed. (E)
8. Assesses need for higher level of mental health care and/or ORR placement, including outside referral for psychological evaluations. (E)
9. Coordinates care with case management and medical personnel. (E)
10. Coordinates with Case Manager, Case Coordinator, and other team members regarding reunification of UC with parent/sponsor. (E)
11. Documents all contact with UC in UAC portal. (E)
12. Maintains clinical case file materials according to ORR policies and procedures. (E)
13. Accepts additional duties as assigned. (M)
REQUIRED: A graduate degree (Master’s or Doctorate) from an accredited clinical program in Social Work, Psychology, Professional Counseling, or Marriage and Family Therapy, and licensed at the master or clinical level. Must pass a KBI and CANIS background check. A good driving record in order to be insured by The Villages’ insurance company.
BONA FIDE OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENT (BFOQ): Bilingual (Spanish/English) language competency in both spoken and written forms is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Additional duties may be added or changes may be made at the discretion of the Executive Director. These duties may be assigned orally.
health insurance, dental insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, holidays, 403(b) plan
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required