151 N Delaware Street
Indiana (preferably in the ILS Indianapolis office; location in another ILS office would be considered). This position will cover the north half of the state.
Indiana Legal Services, Inc. (ILS) is a statewide, not-for-profit law firm that provides free legal services to eligible clients in civil cases through 8 branch offices. The LGBT Project is a statewide program addressing the disproportionate amount of poverty in the LGBT community. Like all ILS services, this project targets legal issues like public benefits, employment, personal safety, family stability, and healthcare, and issues more common to this population, like correct identity documents and access to the courts.
We are currently seeking a full time attorney for our state-wide LGBT Project. Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Screen, advise, and represent LGBT individuals across the state of Indiana.
- Work with community partners across the state on issues affecting LGBT people.
- Exhibit a high level of personal energy, organization and commitment to the position and the ILS mission.
- The position will require some travel within the 18 counties served by the Indianapolis Regional Office.
1. Licensed to practice law in Indiana, or able to become barred soon after acceptance.
2. Experience in LGBT law, especially in areas of LGBT victims of crime, domestic violence, and youth work.
3. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
4. A demonstrated commitment to public interest work and desire to assist low-income individuals.
Salary and Benefits: Full-time position, 37.5 hours per week. Salary commensurate with experience. ILS offers an excellent fringe benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, Rx), disability insurance, life insurance, a 401k plan, a flex benefit plan, and generous vacation and sick leave. The attorney may be eligible for the ILS loan repayment assistance program (LRAP).
Minimum Education Required