Details: Compensation based on experience
1018 E Street
Next Generation Scholars (NGS) seeks a Director of Community and Family Engagement to join its staff at its office in San Rafael, CA.
Next Generation Scholars believes equal access to higher education is the key to making positive change within our community. Our mission is to level the playing field by providing dedicated underserved students with all the advantages available to those of privilege. Our students are highly motivated and academically inclined, young scholars and who are looking for a challenge.
For our Director of Community and Family Engagement, we want a social services professional who is deeply dedicated to low-income youth and their families. The Director of Community and Family Engagement must be able to meaningfully connect with our students and their families to effectively provide our families with the social service resources they need.
We are looking for a team member who can work independently when needed and a self starter who can identify and develop new ideas that work effectively with existing programs.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Community and Family Engagement will be responsible for enhancing the internal and external organizational infrastructure that will allow NGS to continue to grow and fulfill its mission.
The Director of Community and Family Engagement will manage the following functions:
- Identify students who need academic and social emotional interventions and connect them with appropriate resources
- Produce quantifiable, positive outcomes for all students
- With Director of Programs, coordinate and chaperone one extended outing
Family and Community Engagement
- Execute Parent College and home visit programs
- Facilitate Food Parcel program and Free Store
- Facilitate Hot Meal program, ensuring daily hot meals are prepared for our students
- Track and evaluate social service needs, including family issues, health concerns, housing, legal support, and related areas of need
- Serve as primary contact for families, teachers, schools, and service organizations
- Screen, select, coordinate and schedule volunteer tutors
- Train and support volunteers to ensure quality
- Recruit and train high school volunteers
- Collect and maintain all social service data and outcomes
- Create, maintain, and deliver all materials related to student engagement, parent engagement, and wraparound social services program for grants, events, and all other development projects
- Work with the executive team on curricular direction and new program development
- And other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Strong understanding of the unique developmental needs of low-income children
- Experience working with students and families from immigrant communities strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven organizational skills
- A collaborative leadership style
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
Compensation based on experience
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be proficient in English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume and cover letter as two separate PDF attachments to Sally Matsuishi, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include in the subject line: NGS – Director of Community and Family Engagement.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.