Research Scholar (Part-Time or Full-Time)
About The Center For Policing Equity
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) is a research and action think tank that, through
evidence-based approaches to social justice, conducts research and uses data to create
levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
The Research Scholar plays an important role in translating our research into compelling
prose that communicate the importance of CPE’s findings to multiple audiences. The
Research Scholar will spend the majority of their time writing papers and reports in
collaboration with scientists and analysts that leverage data from the uniquely robust
and ever-growing National Justice Database. The National Justice Database is the first
and largest database on police behavior in the country (e.g., vehicle stops, pedestrian
stops, use of force, complaints against officers).
- Author and edit reports for police departments participating in the National Justice Database project
- Distill and translate technical analyses in writing for multiple audiences, including law enforcement professionals, academics, and the general public
- Extensive experience writing for multiple audiences, with a particular focus on policy and academic audiences
- Understanding of social science methodology
- Proven ability to manage projects efficiently and meet deadlines
- Exceptional ability to communicate in writing and orally
- Superior research and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well
How to Apply
Please send the following materials in PDF form, to email@example.com.
- Cover Letter
- Two representative writing samples (peer-reviewed scholarship and scholarship currently under review is preferred).
- A list of three potential references
- Email address
Please be sure to label each PDF file by including your name. For example, your
submitted CV should be labeled, “LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.CV.pdf.” Upon emailing
application materials, please include your name and “Research Scholar” in the email’s
Minimum Education Required