1010 Mass Ave 6th floor
Under the direction of the EMS Budget Director. Provides technical assistance to EMS program staff regarding Boston Public Health Commission (BPHC) fiscal policies and procedures, budgeting, grants, accounts payable and human resources. Works with the EMS direct service programs on producing timely and accurate billing, while working closely with Revenue Services assisting in compliance and documentation and identifying process improvements.
Under the direction of the EMS Budget Director, prepares all fiscal and administrative materials for city, state, and federal grants. Serving as primary fiscal point of contact for the department, works with assigned BPHC grant accountant to ensure necessary documentation and monthly payroll certifications are completed and returned to Grants within established time. Works with assigned grant accountant to ensure that monthly billing to non-city funders is completed and submitted to funder in a timely manner. Ensures satisfactory fiscal and administrative reporting to all funders.
Responsible for opening, closing, and maintaining all purchase orders in Workplace for all EMS programs in a timely manner. Works with Accounts Payable and vendors to ensure that all outstanding AP issues are reconciled, and vendors paid in a timely manner. Works with EMS departments, legal, procurement, finance and vendors to develop, track, and process timely contracts/renewals and payments. Manages the purchasing process and maintains an equipment inventory for internal departments and subcontracts. Monitors expenditures of both internal and external general ledgers and subcontracts.
Under the direction of the EMS Budget Director, maintains program financial records including budgets, purchases, billing, personnel transactions and all grant related materials. Support internal financial analysis and routine audits of third-party billing company.
Works in a confidential capacity. Operates independently. Uses independent judgment and discretion to make decisions affecting the department and staff as it relates to unit operations/services and BPHC policy.
Perform other duties as required.
Number of Openings
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field required; Masters preferred. Significant experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
- 5 years of experience and 3 years relevant (preferably accounting, budgeting, third party billing, accounts payable/receivable, procurement).
- Prior experience working with grants & city/municipal agencies a plus.
- Ability to perform with accuracy; must be competent with figures and very organized.
- Computer competency, knowledge of the types and uses of databases, spreadsheet and word processing (MS Word, Access, Excel, Workplace) software for budget, contract development and processing.
- Ability to: write clear, concise reports, and to follow and to give written and oral instructions in a precise, understandable manner; understand, explain, apply the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures of unit activities; supervise, including: planning and assigning work; evaluating and motivating staff; determining the need for disciplinary action; either recommending/initiating disciplinary action; establish rapport w/ others; maintain harmonious working relationships w/ others.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability of developing time lines and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated cultural competence with diverse ethnic, cultural and socio-economic groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Bilingual and/or bicultural applicants encouraged to apply.
City of Boston Residency Required, A Criminal Offenders Records Information request must be completed for this position. However, a record is not an automatic bar to employment but is reviewed in relation to the job applied for., Any position that requires an advanced degree will be subject to education verification, The Boston Public Health Commission is an EEO Employer and all applicants meeting the minimum requirements are eligible to apply
$55,000 - $65,000
Monday through Friday, 9 - 5
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply