Details: Commensurate with Experience
CSH transforms how communities use housing solutions to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people. We offer capital, expertise, information and innovation that allow our partners to use supportive housing to achieve stability, strength and success for the people in most need. CSH blends 25 years of experience and dedication with a practical and entrepreneurial spirit, making us the source for housing solutions. CSH is an industry leader with national influence and deep connections in a growing number of local communities. We are headquartered in New York City with staff stationed in more than 22 locations around the country.
Federal Technical Assistance Team
CSH provides consulting services across the country and the staff are responsible for securing and staffing fee-for-service contracts. Staff for this position would work with local and national teams to develop policies and programs to help end homelessness in communities through systems change and capacity building. We also work closely with government and the non-profit sector to ensure creation of quality supportive housing. The Federal TA team provides technical assistance to communities and providers and through several national awards from HUD and HHS. Internally, we collaborate closely with executive staff, national offices and regional teams. We take this collaborative spirit to our external partners as well.
Current projects under this contract include: Systems change work in a variety of urban, suburban and rural communities with an emphasis on helping communities reduce unsheltered numbers and establishing local Move-On initiatives; coordinated entry technical assistance; HMIS and system performance measure focused technical assistance; written products; and trainings on HEARTH regulations.
CSH is seeking to fill up to one (1) FTE positions with the Federal Technical Assistance team. You will be responsible for assuring that we deliver creative and effective materials, and that we have efficient procedures, high quality products and assets. The primary focus of the staff will be on the HUD Technical Assistance contracts for Homeless TA and providing direct TA to communities. CSH seeks professionals who understanding the nature of working with fee for service contracts and leading workloads and project deliverables within a specified time frame. Strong skills in project management is important as it how CSH achieves its goals.
You can be located anywhere in the United States and near a major airport. Considerable travel within the region and occasionally elsewhere will be expected.
Under the direction of Team's Director, the staff person will have the following responsibilities:
- Work primarily as a member of our team on CSH’s current HUD TA awards. Work includes community technical assistance (remote and in-person); trainings and/or webinars; and written products.
- Serve as project manager on high profile HUD work plans, contracts and/or grants, ensuring clearly defined team roles, on time and on-budget deliverables, and delivery of quality products. CSH expects project managers to champion a work environment based on quality teamwork, mutual accountability, and high quality performance.
- Provide informal supervision, including project performance reviews for Federal project team staff and is accountable for project performance.
- Participate on and contribute to project teams as assigned. Tasks may include the coordination of and participation in technical assistance visits; drafting reports, policy guidance, and other documents and resources; and training design, development, delivery, and evaluation – as well as supporting staff engaged in such activities.
- Assist the Director and CSH staff in scoping contracts, writing proposals, refining and packing products, and leading contracts as requested.
- Participate in all team activities including staff meetings, work planning, business development, and marketing.
- Remain up to date on all federal homeless regulations, other relevant regulations and federal strategic plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
All CSH staff share a common competency framework. These guide our approach and in turn, help us create value. CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, flexible, and problem solvers. We are strategic thinkers with a sense of humor, persistence, and a commitment to treating others with respect.
Specific skills and experience include:
- 5+ years of experience of HUD homeless and/or CPD programs, HMIS.
- Passion for the CSH mission and possess the leadership and management skills necessary to advance and realize CSH’s vision and further enhance the organization’s reputation in communities that it serves.
- Previous experience in the field of supportive housing and/or homelessness and delivering technical assistance or leading large scale community change initiatives including unsheltered focused initiatives.
- Previous project management experience with proven leadership and organizational skills and the ability to lead project teams, project budgets and meet deadlines.
- An ability to work with colleagues and external audiences and partners in the areas of public policy, systems change, housing development/operations, and/or the delivery of supportive services.
- An ability to work well independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment, manage multiple projects and priorities, and working cooperatively to meet internal and external requests.
- Ability to communicate clearly and simply, and the ability to think strategically.
- Ability to take initiative and pursue goals with minimal supervision. Comfort with working on a team that is “virtual” and does most of its work via telephone and email.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary information.
- Willing and able to travel at least 30-40% of the month, although travel schedule will vary based on assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; advanced degree a plus. Equivalent experience may substitute for education.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document
CSH is proud tht it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer