Are you Watsi’s People Operations Manager?
Watsi is a global health startup building a platform to administer the world’s fastest-growing health insurance systems in emerging markets. We put patients first in everything we do, and are committed to helping countries around the world accelerate progress toward universal health coverage.
We are hiring a People Operations Manager to drive strategies that promote the happiness and productivity of our globally remote team. As we expand our platform’s reach, mature our organization, and collaborate with each other from all corners of the earth, our People Operations Manager will play a critical part in making sure we invest in the humans that make Watsi one of the best places to work in the world.
What you'll work on:
- You will be responsible for connecting our organizational strategy, values, and goals to our internal processes, with an eye toward the daily experiences of team members
- You will ensure we accurately follow laws and regulations governing organizations with globally distributed teams
- You will cultivate connection and collaboration across our team to help cultivate a culture that transcends international borders
- You will oversee recruiting, hiring, and onboarding of new team members, from their introduction to our organization to the way they assimilate in their first months
- You will strengthen existing people-related policies and expectations, as well as craft new ones where needed as we grow
- You will support our team’s ongoing learning and development, including helping to build competencies and bring structure to professional growth areas like management
- You will view your work through the lens of diversity and inclusivity, actively seeking opportunities to integrate people of all backgrounds and perspectives to our team, and identifying ways we can promote belonging across the organization
Who you are:
- You have several years of people/culture/HR experience and are excited for to infuse a growing organization with the knowledge you’ve developed
- You have worked on a remote team, preferably one with a global presence, and have experienced the opportunities and challenges this presents first-hand
- You are familiar with the technology industry, and know how to successfully attract and support high-performance, cross-functional teams as they bring a product to the world
- You are fascinated by people, understanding what motivates them, and have opinions rooted in experience about how to bring out the best in them
- You have proven your ability to cultivate environments that nurture people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, as well as hold organizations accountable for prioritizing intersectionality in conversations around diversity and inclusion
What it’s like to work at Watsi:
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." — Annie Dillard
- You will have the opportunity to directly impact people’s ability to access healthcare — all while working with innovative technology to define a new industry
- You will have the freedom to work remotely — our globally distributed team spans three continents and enjoys a flexible schedule, plenty of vacation time, and great benefits
- You will collaborate with kind and interesting people — we’re proud to have photographers, surfers, pastry chefs, rock climbers, dancers, and Japanese comic aficionados in our midst
- You will join an organization that values building an inclusive culture made up of people as diverse as those we exist to serve — we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives
You will enjoy a flexible schedule, plenty of vacation time, and great benefits — including medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and 401k with matching.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We would love to hear from you. Please email your resume and a note about why you’re excited about the opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.