Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging over 25 years of experience serving over 150,000 children with the support of more than 50,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
The Program Coordinator ensures Jumpstart programs are fully compliant with various state, federal, and local requirements, and ensures operations of programs run smoothly. The role handles operational and administrative duties in support of a cohort of Jumpstart members, most of whom serve as AmeriCorps members who have committed to serve 300 hours of service over an academic year.
The Program Coordinator also works closely with teams comprised of Quality Coaches and Volunteer Managers to ensure that programmatic goals are achieved. The Program Coordinator reports directly to an Operations Manager.
• Collect and enter data on children and Jumpstart members into appropriate databases, accurately and by iterated deadlines
• Run reports in various database systems to report data trends to local and national staff
• Ensure collection of documentation for enrollment of Jumpstart members
• Prepare and maintain compliant member files
• Collaborate with Jumpstart’s Compliance and Research & Evaluation staff to ensure Jumpstart processes and guidelines are followed
• Monitor members’ progress through the Criminal History Check process and ensure checks are run according to Jumpstart and AmeriCorps regulations and on time
• Work with Jumpstart volunteers to collect paperwork and maintain compliant files for all Jumpstart volunteers
· Work closely with the Volunteer Manager and Quality Coach to develop and implement the systems and processes that will lead to programmatic success
· Support Volunteer Managers and Quality Coaches to implement member trainings by providing preparatory and logistical support
· Join and participate in local and team-based meetings as necessary and assigned
· Associate’s degree with at least 2 years of work experience; or equivalent relevant professional experience
· Proven ability to plan, implement, and coordinate projects at a high capacity in order to meet deadlines and standards
· Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail
· Ability to develop and use tracking systems and databases
· Ability to take initiative and work independently
· Ability to build strong working relationships and effectively communicate with team members
· Ability and willingness to travel to assigned locations/sites on an ongoing basis
· Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
· Commitment to Jumpstart's values of learning, determination, connection, joy and kindness
· Proficiency in Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
Preferred or Ideal
· Bachelor’s degree
· Prior experience with AmeriCorps or other grant compliance
· Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
Two full-time positions available
25% local travel
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for…
Excellent benefits package, including health, dental, and vision plans; generous PTO and sick time; paid holidays; and a 401k plan with an employer match, along with a great mission-driven work environment!
Excellent benefits package, including health, dental, and vision plans; generous PTO and sick time; paid holidays; and a 401k plan with an employer match, along with a great…
English fluency required.
English fluency required.
Please complete an online application. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
Please complete an online application. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered…