Details: Salary is dependent on experience
The Washington Business Week (WBW) Board of Trustees is searching for a strategic and effective leader with a proven ability to execute, and a strong background in development and operations. The ideal candidate must be passionate about empowering students and developing emerging professionals and able to take WBW to continued growth.
About Us: Washington Business Week is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit delivering a unique and challenging program to high school students across the state. Students spend an intensive week in a simulated business environment working to build a team and manage a company while learning about management, innovation, and leadership. Teams compete against other teams through presentations, Trade Shows, performance tracking, and team-building challenges. WBW also oversees programming throughout they year in partnership with schools and school districts and internationally.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with major donors, both individual and corporate. Identify new opportunities for donors, partner organizations, and corporate partners.
- Build relationships across sectors to elevate WBW’s multifaceted approach and reputation. Develop, maintain, and evolve strong relationships with corporate HR departments, high schools, school districts, alumni, parents, and current students.
- Manage and direct WBW’s team of professionals in executing and growing key program areas: in school, summer, and international.
- In conjunction with WBW’s Operations Manager, develop annual budget. Ensure expenditures fall within budget and fundraising goals are aligned.
- Ensure WBW’s Board of Directors is properly informed and sufficient information is provided to the Board to enable Directors to make appropriate judgments and fulfill all fiduciary responsibilities.
- Develop WBW Board agendas in concert with WBW’s Chairperson
- In close collaboration with the Board of Directors, develop and execute WBW’s short and long term strategic plans. - Ensure effective internal controls, management systems, and processes are in place and improved upon over time.
- Strategic leader and demonstrated team player with a proven track record of fundraising.
- Proven ability to create and effectively execute strategic plans.
- Exceptional management skills and ability to mentor new and developing team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across constituents, partners and teams.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to effectively present the mission of WBW in both written and verbal communication.
- Strong understanding of financial principles and ability to ensure financial sustainability.
- At least 5 years people management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree in Non-Profit Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred
- Existing relationships with Washington business community and philanthropic organizations.
- Small business experience would be an asset.
This position qualifies for full benefits including medical, vision, and dental.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to Nicole Winters, Operations & Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.