2645 Toulouse St
About SBP: SBP is an award-winning, innovative nonprofit organization whose mission is to shrink time between disaster and recovery. A leader in volunteer-driven, post-disaster rebuilding; SBP educates, advocates and improves the disaster recovery sector so that we can collectively achieve more for communities. With a team of 50 staff and 180 AmeriCorps members, SBP has rebuilt more than 1,100 homes across 8 states and shared best practices with many more.
SBP’s vision is to embrace constant improvement, community-wide collaboration, and clear benchmarks to reduce human suffering caused by the tolls of delay in recovery. By pairing resilience training with recovery operations, we strive to reduce the need for our rebuilding services over time by increasing preparedness among vulnerable communities.
SBP encourages individuals that are hungry for change and eager to innovate to join our team so that we can change the future of disaster recovery together.
Overview: We’re looking for a detail oriented, customer service focused, multi-tasker who can manage the overall activities of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and job costing with a focus on constant improvement. Working from our New Orleans headquarters, you’ll collaborate with a team of finance professionals work with senior management and staff throughout the company.
What you’ll do:
· Review, code, obtain approvals, enter invoices and prepare checks on a weekly basis.
· Review A/P Aging and A/R Aging periodically to ensure proper follow-up on past due items.
· Resolve vendor issues and answer vendor inquiries.
· Prepare 1099s at year-end for review and processing.
· Enter construction estimates and changes orders and work with construction management staff to ensure proper coding, matching estimates and actuals for every rebuilding project.
· Prepare weekly job cost reports to distribute to construction team.
· Review jobs for errors in coding/allocation and provide additional details on large variances between estimates and actuals.
· Assist in management of vehicle fleet, including registrations and reporting to our insurance company.
· DBE Reporting – work with construction to pull accurate reports of DBE bids and work.
· Assist in monthly close.
What we’re looking for:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business preferably in Accounting or Finance
· At least two years accounting experience, preferably in non-profit organizations
· Exceptional analytical skills and strong Excel skills required
· Knowledge of GAAP
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Ability to multitask, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
· A detail-oriented individual who has exceptional organizational skills
SBP is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to all applicable city, state and federal laws regarding equal employment opportunity and hiring practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, disabled veteran status, or status as a member of any other protected group or activity. It is the policy of SBP not to discriminate against any individual, person, or group on the basis of disability and the intent of SBP to address any complaints that may arise pursuant to Section 504.
SBP provides a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision, and a 401K plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
SBP encourages individuals that are hungry for change and eager to innovate to join our team so that we can change the future of disaster recovery together while building a cadre of passionate change makers. If this sounds like a position you’d excel at, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include “Accounting Administrator” in the subject line of your email.