STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
SALARY: Low 50’s; commensurate w/ experience. Excellent Benefits Package.
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs and services for Children and Youth, Adults and Families, and Older Adults. We are a modern interpretation of the traditional settlement house, bringing to our work current best practices, cost-effective management, innovative leadership, and a passion for social and economic justice. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive com-munities. We welcome amazing individuals who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives.
We are seeking a qualified and dynamic Family Engagement Social Worker with a strong commitment to social services and family and youth engagement. The ideal candidate will have community practice experience with families and youth. S/he will assist with and oversee outreach, help hard to reach households connect to center activities, provide direct counseling and case work intervention and provide support with expanding center offerings to better meet the needs of Pomonok residents. S/he will report to the Pomonok Center Director.
- Be part of team to promote PCC as a welcoming place for local residents to improve their lives.
- Develop consistent, stable and supportive relationships with center participants; support parent and youth populations with information and referrals related to education, health and wellness, goal setting, parenting, income supports, etc.
- Assess participant needs; take lead in planning and implementing appropriate services for participants (children, parents, pre-teens and teens) based on community assessments and feedback.
- Provide direct case management support to a case load of families.
- Help agency identify and develop partnerships to bring family and community support programs to PCC.
- Supervise a P/T Youth Outreach/Activity Specialist.
- Provide supervision in area of case work and family engagement to MSW and BSW interns.
- Plan and support center-wide activities such as open center nights, workshops, health and job fairs, community socials, etc.
- Be available evenings and weekends for special programming and events.
- Participate in meetings, training and staff development activities.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- LMSW with minimum of two (2) years of family support experience in a community-based setting.
- Commitment to the multi-service, settlement house model.
- Experience and knowledge of youth development principles/practices.
- Experience in group work, activity management, and mediation.
- Comfort with data collection and using data to inform practice, document milestones and outcomes.
- Familiarity with current best practice models of family engagement work.
- Proven ability to be proactive with excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of the diverse communities we serve. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “FES” to Patrick Pinchinat at email@example.com or fax to (718)-592-2933. No phone calls please.
Minimum Education Required