555 Amory Street
Ethos is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to promoting independence, dignity and well-being among the elderly and disabled through quality, affordable and culturally-appropriate home and community-based care.
The Personal Care Attendant Program is a MassHealth program that helps people with permanent or chronic disabilities keep their independence, stay in the community, and manage their own personal care by providing funds to hire personal care attendants (PCAs).
PCA Program Skills Trainers provide intake and orientation services to prospective consumers and/or their surrogates; maintain a caseload of consumers who are enrolled in the PCA Program and provide ongoing Functional Skills Training, by telephone and in-person, to ensure that the consumer and/or their surrogate are managing the program effectively.
- Provide information to prospective consumers and complete initial referrals.
- Ascertain basic eligibility by completing an initial home visit.
- Prepare/submit an initial application for PCA services to MassHealth for review.
- Upon approval, schedule a home visit to provide instruction about Fiscal Intermediary Services and complete a Service Agreement.
- Provide ongoing training to the consumer and/or their surrogate in program management tasks such as recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and scheduling of PCAs, emergency management, personal health care maintenance, and the rules, policies, and procedures governing the PCA program.
- Complete quarterly visits for first year; annual visits thereafter.
- Prepare/submit a reevaluation for each consumer every year.
- Maintain up-to-date progress notes including a summary of telephone calls, changes in consumer’s condition, and observations made during the home visits.
- Record and maintain statistical data; complete monthly reports.
- Participate in problem solving, staff meetings and staff development programs.
- Attend PCA Coalition meetings and Fiscal Intermediary meetings.
Experience in human services, social work, nursing or related field preferred. Experience working with the disabled and/or experience working in a community service setting. Initiative to improve the program within MassHealth guidelines. Ability to speak Spanish.
- vacation = 3 weeks
- sick time = 12 days
- personal time = 1 week
- 13 holidays off plus your birthday off!
- health & dental insurance
- life insurance
- long-term disability insurance
- short-term disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- credit union
- pre-tax deductions
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit resume and cover letter via mail, fax or email.
Attn: Human Resources Director
555 Amory Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130