Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
155 North Beacon Street
About Cradles to Crayons:
Cradles to Crayons (C2C) was founded in 2002, with the mission of providing children from birth through age 12, living in homeless or low-income situations, with the essential items they need to thrive - at home, at school and at play. C2C is at the cutting edge of volunteer management and has become the largest volunteer opportunity in the Boston area (where the organization is headquartered) providing unique, hands-on opportunities for people to help other people.
How Our Model Works: Cradles to Crayons collects new and nearly new children's items through grassroots community drives and corporate donations. Donations are then processed and packaged by volunteers, and are distributed to disadvantaged children through a collaborative network of social service agencies and school partners. C2C supplies these items free of charge by engaging and connecting communities that have with communities that need.
Cradles to Crayons meets a critical need as many children 12 years old and younger live in poverty stricken situations. Their living conditions can have negative effects on their self-esteem as poverty can lead to behavioral, social and emotional problems; their education as half of these children start 1st grade up to 2 years later than their peers; and their safety as they may live in more hazardous environments that can increase the risk of injury.
While meeting the immediate needs of low-income children, Cradles to Crayons also sets a foundation for lasting change by providing meaningful, tangible volunteer opportunities to thousands of individuals and families and hundreds of corporations each year by organizing clothing collections, hosting a fundraiser, or working in The Giving Factory warehouse.
Cradles to Crayons earned the highest possible rating from Charity Navigator for the sixth consecutive year. Only 4% of charities rated have received at least six consecutive 4-star evaluations, differentiating C2C from its peers and indicating that C2C outperforms most other charities in America.
The Accounts Payable & Receivable Coordinator provides assistance for processes, systems and issues related to processing of accounts payable and receivable. In conjunction with the Staff Accountant, performs accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable and receivable transactions.
- Model and lead a positive “One Cradles” culture, underpinned by Cradles’ Cultural Values and related behaviors
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Enters credit card transactions in accounting system and ensures that charges were properly approved and employee submits support for charges according to Cradles to Crayons policy in a timely manner
- Receives, reviews, and posts accounts payables
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Ensure all documentation is uploaded to accounting system
- Coordinates bi-weekly processing of check run including ensuring approval for all disbursements from executives in accordance with Cradles to Crayons policy
- Manages all online billing vendors and electronic funds disbursements
- Maintains A/P files in accordance with federal and state laws
- Receive, review and post revenue to accounting system
- Assists in the audit preparation process
- Provides administrative support to VP of Accounting/Finance, Controller and Staff Accountant as needed
- Ideal candidates for the Accounts Payable & Receivable Coordinator are individuals who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative work environment.
- Candidates shall believe firmly in the mission and vision of the organization.
- Exemplary organizational and project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical.
- Technological interest and savvy (including accounting systems, Word, Excel, and database management) required.
- BA degree in a related field (Accounting or Business) required.
- Some level of Accounting and/or Accounts Payable experience is highly recommended which can be obtained through work related internships or work experience.
DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH:
Diversity and Inclusiveness are core values at Cradles to Crayons, and we continuously strive to be a team where everyone feels welcome and supported. It is the policy of Cradles to Crayons to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information and/or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Individuals from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
This is a warehouse environment and normal changes in temperature are to be expected while working inside the warehouse or outside, on or around the loading dock. There are no hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made by Cradles to Crayons which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others, or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume with relevant experience to https://www.cradlestocrayons.org/what-we-do/careers/