Details: Salary will be commensurate with your experience and abilities.
District of Columbia
Capital Partners for Education (CPE) is in its 25th year of supporting low-income students. CPE mentors low-income high school and college students in the academic middle from the Washington, D.C. area to provide the skills and experiences they need to successfully complete college and to excel in the workforce. CPE’s student body has tripled in size over the last five years and through one-to-one mentoring and guidance from CPE staff, CPE’s high school graduates have enrolled in college at a rate of 97% and complete college at twice the rate of their low-income peers.
The Development Director drives all fundraising and development for CPE. The position is responsible for creating, managing and implementing CPE’s annual development plan with the goal of raising CPE’s annual budget and planning for the organization’s long-term growth as part of a three-year growth campaign.
The Development Director will execute the annual development plan; identify new donors for the organization, manage staff (Grant Writer and Development Associate), consultants and volunteers. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works closely with the Chief Executive Officer.
Fundraising and Donor Relations
· Identify, cultivate, and take the lead in soliciting individuals, foundations, and corporations for sponsorship and major gifts
· Identify new prospects and expand the number of donors to the organization
· Manage existing, and create new, giving campaigns focused on increasing revenue to meet CPE’s growth targets
· Cultivate relationships with the Board of Directors and support their development work
Planning and Tracking
· Maintain all donor and prospect information utilizing CPE’s Salesforce donor database
· Work closely with CEO, COO and Board to establish and monitor annual and long-term budgets
· Participate in long-term strategic planning for CPE to ensure development plan aligns with goals
· Provide strategic direction for all campaigns and fundraising initiatives
Fundraising Event Management
· Lead CPE team through conceptualization, planning, and execution of cultivation events, including managing event logistics, vendor management, and staffing / volunteer planning
· Oversee all fundraising aspects of events, including sponsorship and major donor solicitation
· Work with communications staff to develop donor collateral, implement email campaigns, conduct prospect outreach and ensure stewardship of existing donors
· Bachelor’s degree
· At least four years of experience working in non-profit development, with a proven track record of leading increases in donations year-over-year
· Passion for serving CPE’s target population and improving their life trajectories through education
· Being strategic and confident leading the cultivation of stakeholders while also being detail-oriented and willing to perform any task great or small
· Hands-on experience using data systems to design and manage business processes such as donor cultivation, foundation reporting, etc.
· Being able to propose fresh, new ideas based on modern development concepts, and persistent enough to bring these to life independently
· Ability to manage the existing development portfolio and maintain support from long-time, dedicated major donors, and manage the tracking and cultivation of donors in Salesforce
· At least one year of experience managing full-time employees, consultants and volunteers
· Tangible experience of leading communications with all types of people, ranging from Board members to donors to subject matter experts
· Experience planning and executing fundraising events
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce
Benefits will be comprehensive and will include:
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance;
· 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available;
· Life and disability insurance with premiums fully funded by CPE;
· Paid time off, including vacation, office holidays and office closure at year-end;
· Fully paid membership at local gym;
· Flexible Spending Account (FSA);
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
In your cover letter, please include your salary requirements.