Details: $60000 - $70000 per year
Title: Marketing Content & Design Manager, Grads of Life (Boston, MA)
Location: Boston, MA
Career Stage: Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
The Marketing Content & Design Manager, Grads of Life (Boston, MA) (GoL) reports directly to the Director of Marketing Content and Design, Grads of Life and will develop, edit and optimize marketing content across digital channels and design marketing assets in collaboration with Grads of Life's functional teams. As a result of the Grads of Life media campaign and public service announcement, which has garnered $90M in donated media support and attracted more than 800,000 visitors to its accompanying website, employers of all sizes and industries are coming to Grads of Life for tools, solutions, and support in tapping into the Opportunity Youth talent pool. This new employer demand represents a critical opportunity to engage business in closing the Opportunity Divide, which separates 5.3 million young adults from accessing stable, viable careers. Employers want to find their next great source of talent - and they need the help of Grads of Life to find, grow, and retain Opportunity Youth.
To be successful in this role, you will characterize yourself as a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to write a variety of unique materials for websites, blogs, social media, online and print magazine articles, and executive presentations. You will bring strong writing, design, problem-solving, data analysis, and critical thinking abilities, and a passion for developing of engaging content. You will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing projects involving multiple people and teams. Strong candidates should also bring a commitment to advancing social justice and be prepared to keep Year Up's mission as the central driver of their work.
The Marketing Content and Design Manager will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- Research, write and edit original SEO ready content for websites, blogs, online communication
- Work with multiple content owners to ensure consistent and accurate content alignment with Grads of Life audiences and objectives
- Translate objectives into clear and concise executive presentations across the scope of the Grads of Life work
- Repurpose and optimize existing content for digital channels
- Ensure that website content is edited properly to increase on-screen readability
- Design print and electronic collateral and storyboards using a multitude of media creation and graphics editing tools
- Application of editorial governance to ensure content is consistent with our brand voice, style, and tone
- Develop and manage editorial calendar and workflows
- Measure and optimize the content and data on a regular and ongoing basis
Site Team/Learning Community Member
- Serve as an advisor/mentor for a small number of current students
- Join and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students\
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in writing/editing/publishing content specific to the web
- Flexible writing style to address multiple audiences while maintaining the brand voice
- Background in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Experience researching and reporting on relevant industry trends and best practices to identify opportunities for new or improved SEO content
- Ability to write content optimized for SEO
- Demonstrated experience writing blog posts
- Ability to develop new topics, research, and find a unique spin on existing topics
- Experience with content management systems and a strong understanding of content work flows
- Proficient in WordPress, Google Analytics, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and the top social channels
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization striving to close the Opportunity Divide by providing young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive program, Year Up utilizes a high support, high expectations model that combines hands-on technical and professional skills, educational stipends, college-level coursework, and corporate internships at more than 250 top companies.
Year Up currently serves young adults in Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City, Philadelphia, Providence, Puget Sound, San Francisco Bay Area, South Florida, and Wilmington and will serve more than 3,000 students in 2017 nationwide.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The Non-Profit Times for six consecutive years, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people.
Year Up participates in E-Verify.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity:http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.
Minimum Education Required