105 Chauncy St.
FriendshipWorks is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Development and Administrative Assistant to help manage a busy development and communications office. The Development and Administrative Assistant plays an important role in the success of FriendshipWorks by providing general administrative support, primarily to the Director of Development and Communications. In addition, he/she will assist the Executive Director and other operations/program staff with tasks and projects as needed. This position will report to the Director of Development and will handle a variety of duties related to development, communications, office organization and general appearance. These include but are not limited to: donor and marketing/public relations, data management, direct mail appeals and acknowledgements, office organization, and special events.
- Coordinate production and mailing of appeal letters and correspondence
- Assist in the production and distribution of fundraising and communications information
- Process donations and prepare and mail acknowledgement cards/letters and other correspondence in a timely manner
- Create weekly/monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed
- Continually maintain, update and correct database records
- Provide general administrative support to the Executive Director, including filing; assist other staff as needed
- Prepare media, donor and other communications materials for distribution at events and meetings (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
- Manage office-wide supplies and storage, placing orders as needed
- Assist with cultivation, stewardship and donor relations
- Organize and staff yearly phone-a-thon and thank-a-thon activities
- Assist with answering incoming calls, providing assistance as necessary; direct calls appropriately; ensure messages are distributed promptly
- Assist and participate in event planning and execution
- Helps ensure office and conference areas maintain a professional appearance
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director, Director of Development, and other administration, as necessary
- Associate or Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of two to three years of development experience
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word required
- Database management experience – familiarity with Salesforce CRM highly desired
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work with confidential information with appropriate maturity and responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be a dedicated team player and comfortable working in an open, highly collaborative, diverse environment with the willingness and desire to learn and grow within the organization
- Passion for the FriendshipWorks mission
FriendshipWorks is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes sent without a cover letter will not be considered.