Legal Services Outreach Coordinator (San Diego, CA)
- Job posted by California Lawyers for the Arts (CLA)
Details: This position is part time (20 hours per week) at $18-20 per hour.
California Lawyers for the Arts (CLA) is a 501(c)3 non profit organization that provides lawyer referral services, educational programs, and dispute resolution services for artists and arts organizations.
The Legal Services Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for significant outreach in the arts and legal communities in the San Diego area along with development and fundraising responsibilities. This position reports to the Associate Director for Southern California operations. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be extraordinarily self-directed. This role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Recruiting attorneys and law firms for CLA’s Lawyer Referral & Information Service (LRIS) panel;
- Marketing and promoting the LRIS and education programs to the arts and legal communities in San Diego;
- Participating in outreach activities and events to support and expand CLA's education programs (e.g. community events, networking receptions, etc.);
- Development and fundraising, including coordination of a signature arts and legal education event;
- Collaboration with the San Diego Education Program Coordinator and Steering Committee;
- Strengthening and expanding the San Diego Steering Committee;
- Responding to requests and inquiries from outside organizations;
- Working on other special projects and events as needed.
- Juris Doctor preferred or related bachelor’s degree;
- Outreach and/or community relations experience in the San Diego area and ability to build a strong presence for CLA;
- Experience with nonprofit development and event planning;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and professionalism;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills;
- Previous experience developing strategy and community building;
- Availability to work some evenings and occasional weekends;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Fluency in Spanish language;
- Familiarity with the San Diego arts and legal communities;
- Familiarity with non-profit administration, including grants and fundraising.
This position is part time (20 hours per week) at $18-20 per hour.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. To be considered, please submit your resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org subject “Legal Services Outreach Coordinator”.
NO phone calls please.
CLA.actively seeks to represent the diversity of the arts community in its staff and board of directors. CLA is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. CLA prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. All such discrimination is prohibited by CLA.
Level of Language Proficiency
Prefer fluency in in English and Spanish.
Minimum Education Required