Details: 24 hours per week
7000 Great Meadow Road
The Volunteer Program Coordinator will build, coordinate, and manage all elements of the End of Life/Patient Companion Program, managing the recruitment, training, supervising, and scheduling of volunteers. In addition, s/he will assist in the development of a bereavement support group for volunteers.
- Conduct and arrange volunteer training for program.
- Design and deliver End of Life/Patient Companion program to meet patient, family and staff needs.
- Supervise volunteers, ensuring quality patient visits, and assisting when challenges arise.
- Assign volunteers based on program needs and the volunteers’ interests and skills.
- Evaluate all aspects of End of Life/Patient Companion program to ensure effectiveness and to recommend/implement changes as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation.
- Work with interdisciplinary team to facilitate one on one support for volunteers.
- Execute a supportive and sensitive approach to patient/family need.
- Work together with other Volunteer Services staff in the outreach and tracking of volunteers within the program.
- Collaborate and support staff with bereavement support group for volunteers.
Requirements include: Minimum of 2 years experience in a health care or related setting, Hospice and/or volunteer experience preferred. Demonstrated technological savvy is required, as is the ability to supervise and evaluate volunteers. Knowledge and experience with how to work compassionately and intelligently with the dying is required.
Must be able to travel between out sites in Roslindale and Dedham. This is a 24 hour per week position.
HSL offers an outstanding benefits package. Please see our guide listed at Hebrewseniorlife.org
We do offer free parking for employees at all of our locations.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume via our career site