144 Gould Street
The Institute for Nonprofit Practice (INP) transforms communities by equipping the most promising nonprofit leaders with the skills, confidence and resources they need to make their organizations effective, innovative and sustainable.
We accomplish this mission through a series of year-long certificate programs for executives, middle managers and high-potential emerging leaders. The result: in ten academic years, 1,000 students representing more than 600 nonprofit organizations have acquired new skills and expertise that have made them more effective nonprofit managers and leaders. In partnership with Tufts University's Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life, which grants certificates to students upon graduation; the Institute is seizing the opportunities presented by the current leadership succession crisis, to create a nonprofit sector that is exponentially more effective, connected, and diverse.
As we embark on an ambitious growth plan to dramatically increase impact and reach more leaders, organizations, and communities, the Institute is building its team. As our Operations Coordinator, you will join our team at an exciting time, playing a critical role within the organization; developing, maintaining, and strengthening internal operations to support a best practice, growing organization. Your strengths in systems management, attention to detail, process focus, and experience solving complex problems with creativity will help us to build internal and external capacity for our day to day work. An ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, has a growth mindset and is energized by interacting with a variety of people.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic organization in a role where you can contribute immediately and be provided with excellent opportunities for advancement. This role reports to the Director of Finance and Operations and will be based at the INP office in Needham, MA and will occasionally travel throughout the year to our current program sites in Boston, Lowell, Providence and Cape Cod, and other sites as we grow.
Finance, Human Resources, and Compliance
- Support day-to-day finance operations, liaising with outsourced accounting firm; this work includes processing deposits, payables, reimbursements, and reconciliation and basic accounting for expenses
- Support the Director of Finance and Operations efforts to monitor receivables and follow up to ensure collection as needed
- Support annual audit through data gathering
- Maintain impeccable files following INP procedures
- Maintain filings to ensure compliance with federal and state requirements
- Support HR functions; including file maintenance, benefits administration, and research on policies
Administrative and Office Management
- Manage office, including supplies, conference room booking and setup, furniture and equipment; ensuring a professional office setting
- Maintain relationships with key vendors
- Schedule, attend, and maintain notes for board and committee meetings
- Contribute to, and manage copy editing for all operations and program guides
- Provide scheduling support and manage calendar for President & CEO and manage travel for Executive Team
- Provide additional support to the INP team and organizational priorities as needed
- There will be opportunities for the Operations Coordinator to develop responsibilities and lead on projects of interest
- As the flagship site, New England is uniquely positioned to strengthen organizational practices for the benefit of the full organization. As with all staff, the Operations Coordinator, will be a positive brand ambassador, helping to increase awareness and strengthen student and faculty recruiting.
Technology, Data and Program Evaluation
- Maintain, administer, create documentation for, and train others on the effective use of platforms and systems, including Salesforce, Google Apps, Box, and Form Assembly
- Liaise with outsourced technology consultants as needed and serve as internal resource for hardware, software, and cloudware support
- Setup technology for new employees, meeting audio visual needs, etc.
- Create and manage reports and dashboards that meet the needs of various stakeholders
- Support data collection, analysis for program surveys and other priorities as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow and excel professionally. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- Strong commitment to INP’s mission and values of social justice, generosity, and integrity
- Ability to see projects through from beginning to end and experience in efficiently and effectively managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Flexible and adaptive work style with the ability to thrive in a growing, entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment
- Comfort with independent work, managing up and across the organization
- Highly effective and collaborative individual with great optimism and energy
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Takes initiative and is very attentive to details
- Comfort with cloud technology; experience with Salesforce or related systems preferred
- Experience with office management and administration; experience with basic accounting a plus.
- Occasional travel to program sites and evening work will be required
- Bachelor’s degree + 2-3 years of professional work experience
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE FOR NONPROFIT PRACTICE
INP is on a mission to address several critical issues threatening the effectiveness of the nonprofit sector: under-investment in leadership development, a succession crisis triggered by the retirement of the baby boomers and the need for more diverse leadership that reflects communities served.
“So often we are told you can't change the world, but for those of us in the Institute, we do our work because we believe we can. The Institute helps us do it bigger, better, smarter—it has changed us as we work to change the world.” - INP Alumna
To learn more about the impact of INP and our community, check out this video!
------------------------------EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-------------------------
INP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services. Knowing its importance to the success of our work, INP is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership.
The Institute for Nonprofit Practice offers a robust compensation and benefit package including health and dental insurance, short-term, long-term and life insurance; three weeks of paid vacation, and access to a retirement plan. The salary range for this role is $45,000- $50,000/year.
Minimum Education Required