Providence House, Inc. is a value driven not-for-profit organization focused on assisting women in building community and transforming their lives. The agency is committed to promoting wholeness and healing while offering quality evidence based services to women and children who find themselves homeless and/or involved with the criminal justice system. Providence House follows a trauma based practice model. Providence House was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph over thirty years ago and continues to hold the values of non-violence, compassion, hospitality and community at its core. Providence House is actively seeks to provide support, training and opportunities that foster growth and wellbeing for its staff as well as the women we serve.
SUMMARY OF CLINICAL COORDINATOR:
The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for providing oversight, supervision and coordination of all clinical services and case management offered at the Providence House DHS Shelter Program, ensuring day-to-day compliance with all mandates and program policies, as well as maintaining program documentation.
- Provide oversight and supervision to the Client Care Coordinators and Case Managers in terms of clinical direction on individual’s cases, assistance with bio-psychosocial, assessments and referrals.
- Monitor Client Care Coordinators and Case Managers documentation for accuracy, depth and quality.
- Provide DHS with required reports on social work activity.
- Ensure DHS regulations and procedures are adhered to.
- Provide case management oversight, monitoring each individual resident’s ILP plan.
- Ensures the use of trauma-informed interventions and methodologies throughout the facility to provide client entered services that keep them housing.
- Utilize skills regarding crisis prevention and intervention, and ensures all staff is prepared.
- Make sure all staff assists residents to build upon their strengths and recognize their needs in a respectful manner.
- Ensure residents’ compliance with maintenance and upkeep requirements of their apartments.
- Be knowledgeable of community resources and refer clients as needed.
- Work with the Client Care Coordinators and Case managers to ensure that residents are linked with services such as employment, education, tutoring and/or mentoring. Mental and medical health services.
- Attend trainings that increase knowledge of effectively meeting client’s needs, including co-occurring disorders, harm reduction, and cultural competence.
- When appropriate and necessary, assist clients in assessing housing needs.
- Provide Client Care Coordinator and Case Management services in the absence of the Client Care Coordinators or Case Managers.
- Work as a Providence House team member in order to implement the mission and core values of the agency.
- Conduct regular internal and external agency meetings.
- Work as part of the team to plan and develop residents programs.
- Keep accurate, up-to-date documentation on all clients. Including but not limited to, treatment plans, case notes, etc.
- Assists with any and all data collection systems.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Clinical Social Worker Certification (LCSW) required.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Three years of experience working with the homeless, mentally ill population.
- Experience with long-term homeless, low income and diverse populations.
- Have working knowledge of major psychiatric disorders and chemical use/abuse/misuse and addition to alcohol and other drugs.
- Competent technology management skills, including proficiency with using Microsoft Office; client database management.
- The Clinical Coordinator position is a full time, salaried position. Hours worked will be weekdays at least 9:00am - 5:00pm, evening and/or weekend work will be required as needed.
- Requires weekly travel to DHS residences.
- The central office location for this position in Brooklyn, New York.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range is competitive. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick leave, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability benefits, a 403(B) voluntary tax deferred annuity plan, pension benefits, commuter benefits and an employment assistance program.None
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward your cover letter with resume to email@example.com
Please put in subject line of email 'Clinical Coordinator'