Riverdale Country School seeks to hire an Annual Giving Manager, who will provide strategic support for the annual giving fundraising efforts, serving as the primary liaison for the volunteer program. In addition, the incumbent will help craft and communicate the school’s development messaging and support the office’s engagement strategies across a variety of constituencies.
The Annual Giving Manager reports to the Director of Annual Giving & Development Operations and is a key member of the development team. The ideal candidate is a team player, willing to pitch in to serve the overall needs of the office as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Director of Annual Giving & Development Operations to develop and execute a comprehensive, year-round fundraising plan that includes dollar and participation goals, strategies, and programming to build and engage annual donors.
- Oversee Annual Fund volunteer program, communicating regularly with volunteers about the selection, status, and success of their assigned contacts.
- Help plan and follow a multidimensional appeal schedule that utilizes a variety of media (e.g., electronic solicitations, direct mail appeals, in-person solicitations) to communicate with current and potential donors.
- Support efforts to produce annual appeal collateral and solicitation letters by assisting with writing, editing and design components that demonstrate the impact that regular charitable support has on Riverdale.
- Maintain an active portfolio of approximately 25 Annual Fund prospects.
- Partner with colleagues in the Development and Alumni Office to assist with other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years development experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite; familiar with design programs (e.g., Canva, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, or similar).Able to handle multiple projects, balance priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable and adept at connecting professionally with alumni, parents, administration, faculty, and students.
- Creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and donor-centered.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the mission of the school.
- Exhibits superior organizational skills and an ability to work independently with minimal direction and support.
- Ability and willingness to work outside of standard business hours, including occasional weekends and evenings, as needed.