Details: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Reports to: Associate Executive Director
Type: Full Time
Manage activities central to STS governance, including the annual leadership appointment and nomination processes, the Society’s relationships with other organizations, preparing and securing reports for the STS Board of Directors, tracking follow-through on STS Board and Executive Committee decisions, and internal file administration. Oversee the Society’s membership application, admission, maintenance, and customer service activities and processes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage and update as necessary the annual calendar of STS governance and membership activities.
· Help support the annual nomination process for officers and directors.
· Manage the annual leadership appointment process for the Society’s standing committees, Council Operating
Boards, and workforces.
· Oversee the regular collection and appropriate dissemination of leadership conflict of interest disclosures.
· Manager the collection, compilation, and distribution of Board of Directors meeting materials.
· Oversee the maintenance and updating of the Society’s database of Board and Executive Committee decisions.
· Oversee the maintenance, updating, and appropriate dissemination of volunteer leadership rosters and contact
· Maintain and update as necessary the compilation of Society policies.
· Manage the Society’s annual leadership orientation initiatives.
· Oversee STS award and volunteer recognition activities.
· Oversee the governance-, leadership-, and membership-related sections of the STS website.
· Manage the appointment/nomination processes for STS representative/contact positions on the leadership
bodies, and seek regular reports from STS representatives/contacts on the leadership bodies of external
· Coordinate Society endorsement processes for documents led by external organizations.
· Oversee the internal and external storage of hard copy files and work with the Information Technology
Department on the appropriate storage and organization of electronic files.
· Help manage compliance with the Society’s Record Retention Policy.
· Serve as the staff liaison to the Membership Committee.
· Supervise Membership Department staff.
· Oversee Society membership application processes, process applications for non-cardiothoracic-surgeon
prospective members, and review cardiothoracic surgeon applications in preparation for their consideration by
the Membership Committee.
· Work with the Marketing and Communications Department on Society membership recruitment and retention
initiatives, and on enhancing membership benefits.
· Oversee change of membership status requests; prepare related materials for STS Board consideration in
collaboration with the Associate Executive Director and Secretary, and implement related Board decisions.
· Work with the Finance Department on membership dues billings and reminders.
· Monitor and enhance as necessary businesses processes designed to ensure that data in the STS CRM
membership database are as accurate as possible.
· Regularly review STS Bylaws regarding Society membership to ensure that they are congruent with current
membership trends and the Society’s Strategic Plan.
· Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a strong writing focus, is required.
Five plus years of experience in an association or other not-for-profit governance, membership admission and retention, or member service related role, including two years in a supervisory capacity, is highly desired.
Essential Skills and Abilities
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Ability to lead and direct staff
· Excellence in organization, planning, and follow-through capabilities
· Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
· Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, volunteer leaders, other
organizations, and vendors; tact, diplomacy, and good judgment are essential
· Positive attitude in the workplace
· Flexibility and adaptability to changing daily activities and schedules
· Ability to travel, as necessary
Energy, creativity, initiative, eagerness to learn, and professionalism required. Candidate must exemplify the STS Core Values of Quality, Innovation, Professionalism, Inclusiveness, and Teamwork.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Minimum Education Required