Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
412 Massachusetts Avenue
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To ensure Youth Enrichment Services (YES) meets all financial, legal and regulatory requirements, the Finance Manager will lead, manage, and integrate the accounting, administrative, operational, human resources and IT functions of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- · Works closely with the Executive Director to develop and monitor the financial budget and strategy of the Agency and ensure that it aligns with the overall strategic direction of the Agency.
- · Works closely with the Executive Director to create and periodically update a financial management plan and budget with short-term and long-term strategic and tactical goals utilizing QuickBooks as the accounting software.
- · Works with the program managers to develop and monitor budgets and financial statements.
- · Assesses and manages the Agency risk and liability through review of insurance coverage.
- · Act as liaison between staff and IT consultants to facilitate management of IT issues. Provide, guidance and oversight in Human Resources to ensure that function is operating and/or being carried out efficiently and cost-effectively.
- · Assists the Executive Director and Treasurer as custodian of the Agency’s funds and other assets.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- · Responsible for the financial and administrative operations of the Agency including banking, accounting functions (month-end close), payroll, budget preparation, information technology, human resources and administrative services.
- · Monitor organizational performance against both the annual budget and the agency’s long-term strategy.
- · Prepares accurate and timely recording of all financial information including cash receipts and disbursements, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, and payroll and benefits.
- · Prepares monthly P&L, Balance Sheet, cash flow, and supplemental schedules.
- · Manages all aspects of the annual audit.
- · Develops with the assistance of department heads, the annual budget and monitors budgets for grants, contracts and fundraising events, and prepares related reports.
- · Oversees and keeps current personnel policies and procedures.
- · Interfaces with the Finance Committee and attends all meetings thereof.
- · Establishes and maintains contact with financial institutions.
- · Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
2. Minimum 3 years of experience in financial management, particularly with accounting and bookkeeping responsibilities.
3. Experience with accrual accounting, budget development and administration and financial reporting
4. Hands-on accounting experience.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
6. Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel and Word.
7. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
8. Operations, administrative and time management skills.
9. Highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks, and think innovatively.
YES covers 75% of individual or family health insurance.
$1,000 (individual) or $2,000 (family) Medical Expense Reimbursement Program for co-pays and deductibles.
3 weeks of vacation to start.
11 paid holidays.
Up to 4% match on 401k.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 13, 2018.