Fulltime - 80 hours per pay period
The Residency Coordinator in Pediatrics works with two residency programs, fellowship programs, and the pediatric clerkship. The Coordinator supports the administrative and clerical activities of programs, ongoing internal and external correspondence regarding the trainees, electronic record keeping in various online portals, and other duties as assigned. This role exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and ICARE values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
- Assists in the management and coordination of the entire process of recruitment including pre-recruitment (updates ERAS with interview dates), recruitment process (creates/updates rank list), and post-recruitment activities (Match Day).
- Utilizes ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) to prepare for interview season and during interview season to prepare for interview days; communicates with interviewing faculty.
- Assists in organizing orientation for incoming residents; in in communication with incoming residents regarding GME and program onboarding.
- Works with the program manager to provide data of interview season for program records and GME.
- Assists with the annual updates on website for upcoming recruitment season; helps with general maintenance of website throughout the year.
- Supports with on-boarding of incoming residents such as licensure, CA-MED forms House staff data Excel form, addresses, and other necessary on-boarding documents as needed per GME.
- Assists in the coordination of required certifications (BLS, ACLS, PALS and NRP) for incoming and continuing residents.
- Maintains MedHub database of all current and former house staff.
- Prepares paperwork for resident appointment, promotion, and graduation as GME requires.
- Sends out house staff/faculty/rotation evaluations via MedHub and follows up on outstanding evaluations; tracks all sent and completed faculty evaluations of residents in excel document and reports/updates leadership.
- Assists with management & maintenance of MedHub portal for residency program; enters yearly schedule, sends out evaluations every block, provides other updates as needed
- Completes TN-MED forms for licensure of graduating residents; assists with off boarding process for graduates with program and GME/OIME office.
- Works with manager and leadership to complete annual surveys and update various online portals: FREIDA, National GME Census Resident, ACGME
- Assists with tracking and updating national organizations such as AAP /IL chapter memberships
- Compiles needed documentation for offsite house staff rotations when necessary/requested; communicates with GME office at other institutions to onboard residents
- Submits expense reports (in XM) for payment of travel and memberships and other purchases as needed.
- Sends out CCC letters and organizes semi-annual meetings between residents and program leadership; uploads all letters including summative evaluations for graduating residents to MedHub
- Assists with completing program related forms (verifications, credentials, letters of good standing) for all current residents and alumni.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least two years of office management experience, or equivalent experience in administration and office management in an academic health care setting required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Organizational expertise and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage residency program budget.
- Rush University is ranked 22nd on the Times Higher Education's 2016 list of the world's top 150 universities under 50 years of age.
- Rush University is a health science university that is integral to Rush, an academic health system that includes three hospitals and numerous outpatient care facilities.
- Rush University's Nursing Administration program is ranked in the top four in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.