Associate, Private Giving Initiative for the Sustainable Development Goals
- Job posted by Sustainable Development Solutions Network
Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the UN Secretary-General to support implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). SDSN Association in collaboration with Human Act, a Copenhagen-based organization, is launching a new global initiative to mobilize funds from ultra-high net worth individuals to support implementation of the SDGs.
We are seeking a dynamic and talented Associate to work closely with the SDSN Director and other SDSN leaders on all aspects of program start-up, including establishing key partnerships with other organizations, undertaking research, outreach and communication. This position will report to the SDSN Director and be based in the SDSN Secretariat New York office. It will require frequent international travel.
- Support the SDSN Director and the CEO of the global initiative in developing partnerships with other organizations, including outreach to the United Nations.
- Conduct research on the role and scope of private philanthropy in support of the SDGs.
- Collect and analyze information on the target group of ultra-high net worth individuals to facilitate outreach efforts to this group.
- Prepare analytical and progress reports for high-level inter-governmental meetings.
- Develop and maintain lines of communication and reporting among partner organizations.
- Help ensure consistent messaging and coordinated public engagement activities among all partners.
- Enlist the support of individuals and organizations to facilitate outreach to ultra-high net worth individuals.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the SDSN Director.
- The candidate must have the right to work in the United States.
- Strong analytical skills; experience with global policy research and writing.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, innovative thinker with track record of identifying and developing new initiatives.
- Master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Professional fluency in English required; other languages a plus.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communications skills.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated use of tact and discretion in dealing with a wide range of internal and external constituents.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line Associate, Private Giving Initiative. We will contact only those candidates whose profile meets our requirements. Please submit your application no later than 30 March 2018.