333 Nahanton Street
JBBBS is currently seeking a passionate Caseworker for our programs for adults with disabilities.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Screen and interview prospective clients and volunteers, and prepare detailed case summaries to determine eligibility for program participation.
· Provide match support to assigned caseload. This includes carrying out regularly scheduled check-ins with pending, waiting and matched clients, and maintaining documentation of this supervision.
· Provide match supervision to those on caseload, helping volunteers to understand their role and the needs of their “Friends”, problem solving, and providing information and referrals for appropriate community resources when necessary.
· Responsible for running an activity group two Wednesday evenings per month as well as two groups on one Sunday per month. The Caseworker will be responsible for communications in advance of the group and for running the groups, as well as completing match dictation following each of the groups.
· Assist in planning and carrying out agency and inter-agency events.
· Support Outreach Manager’s efforts to recruit new volunteers, including representing Friend 2 Friend program at community events and information sessions.
The Ideal Candidate Should:
· Have experience leading groups.
· Possess excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
· Have strong communication skills including verbal and written communication as well as keen listening skills.
· Be passionate about working with individuals with disabilities.
· Demonstrate attention to detail.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field plus 1-2 years experience working with people with disabilities.
· Must be a licensed driver with a car.
· Must be willing to work 3-4 evenings per month.
· Ability to work collaboratively with staff from within the organization.
· Be proficient with Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Honor commitment to client and volunteer confidentiality and safety.
This position reports to the Director of Programs for Adults with Disabilities
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter, via email, to Jan Klein, Director, Programs for Adults with Disabilities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume, via email, to Director, Programs for Adults with Disabilities – subject line “Caseworker” to email@example.com