Details: Compensation is commensurate with experience. Please be sure to submit your salary expectations on the application.
409 Camino del Rio South
ExED is a nonprofit organization that fosters the development and management of high performing charter schools. We believe that every child should have access to a high-quality public education, especially children in educationally underserved communities. ExED is the only nonprofit service provider in Southern California and operates offices in Los Angeles and San Diego. ExED works with more than 100 charter schools serving more than 44,000 students.
ExED provides a range of services that support both new and existing charter schools, including facility financing services; “CFO” services such as accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, payroll processing, and public funding compliance; and compliance and data management services. These services help our clients operate efficiently, build financial plans to meet short-term and long-term objectives, and secure affordable facilities all of which enable school leaders to spend more time working to improve student achievement at their school.
The Payroll and Retirement Associate position is based in ExED’s San Diego office —which is comprised of 16 team members who work with charter schools to ensure their success. This position offers a detailed-oriented, highly organized professional the opportunity to apply payroll processing expertise in a unique way. We are looking for an experienced payroll professional who can take the lead managing our payroll process and provide excellent customer service to our client schools.
- Upload or key data, review and process payroll for several client schools
- Maintain accurate and current data in the payroll system and virtual personnel files
- Determine eligibility and enrollment into CalSTRS and CalPERS retirement plans
- Provide excellent customer service
- Setup and process garnishment orders
- Streamline payroll processes
- Submit 401(k) and 403(b) employee deductions to vendors
- Create and submit monthly CalSTRS and CalPERS retirement reports
- Knowledge of quarterly payroll tax filings
- Deposit SDI payments online to EDD
- Assist in periodic training on payroll policies and procedures
- Coordinate with accounting and other ExED staff when necessary
- Assist schools with general payroll questions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of payroll processing experience
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Team player with a demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain effective and cooperative professional relationships
- Strong organizational skills; a self-starter who can prioritize and multi-task
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Interest in and commitment to public education
ExED is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and a 403(b) retirement package. We also offer a generous vacation, sick, and holiday allocation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations via our online application system here.