Global Student Embassy (GSE) is an innovative non-profit that provides in-depth experiential educational programs for high and college school students in California, Ecuador, and Guatemala. Join our passionate and vibrant team as we prepare young people to become environmentally conscious leaders who are skilled at taking action to address local and global challenges. Find out more at www.globalstudentembassy.org.
GSE is seeking to immediately hire an energetic, collaborative and detail-oriented professional to join our growing and dynamic development team. The Corporate and Foundations Relations Manager, in partnership with the Development Director and Development Associate, shares responsibility for overall departmental goal achievement and is an integral member of the fundraising team. Primary duties include identifying corporate and foundation prospects, developing and implementing cultivation strategies, writing proposals and supporting tracking systems and database management. This position will require meticulous attention to detail, good time management and the ability to juggle competing priorities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead writing and management of existing Foundation portfolio of donors
• Identify corporate and foundation prospects and conduct research to determine interest and giving potential.
• Develop, manage and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for corporate sponsorships, including proposals and negotiation of marketing agreements.
• Develop, manage and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for corporate and foundation donations.
• Arrange, conduct and coordinate cultivation, stewardship and recognition activities such as on-site signage, recognition in publications and on-site visits for corporate sponsors and donors.
Corporate Program Management
• Manage acquisition, renewal, stewardship, recognition and annual recaps of Corporate Partner program.
• Prepare regular reports on corporate programs.
• Develop budgets for corporate programs.
• Develop new and manage the enhancement of existing corporate relationships and programs.
• Work with board members and staff to review and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies.
• Work with staff and volunteers on the corporate aspects of fundraising events.
• Work directly with marketing staff and other departments to implement corporate sponsorship agreements.
• Steward assigned prospects and document activities in EveryAction database
• Maintain accuracy of donor tracking systems and database for corporate constituents, while maintaining confidentiality of donor information.
Desired Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of corporate and foundation fundraising techniques.
• Demonstrated ability in proposal writing for varied proposal development.
• Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of corporations and foundations.
• Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals.
• Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
• Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate and foundation donors, and interact via telephone and in person with institutional representatives.
• Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for a number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
• Demonstrated record of success in generating significant commitments from corporations and foundations.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
• Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
• A bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years progressively responsible fundraising, business development and/or sales experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs and use of relational databases such as Raiser’s Edge or EveryAction.
• Preference will be given to candidates with successful corporate and/or foundation experience.
This role begins as a part-time position, with the intention to transition the role into a full-time staff position in the first quarter of 2019. Our team encourages a work-life balance and offers a flexible work schedule and remote work possibilities.
Minimum Education Required