55-30 Junction Boulevard
Middle School Special Education Teacher
Join Central Queens Academy (CQA), a new and growing charter middle school serving a multi-ethnic immigrant community. Located in Glendale and Elmhurst, CQA enrolls a diverse student body that hails from all over the world. The mission of CQA is to prepare students for success in education, the workforce, and the community through a school that integrates literacy, standards-based academics, and culturally responsive support services. In 2018-2019, we will serve over 400 students in grades 5 through 8.
We are seeking a 5th grade Special Education Teacher who wants to join a small, student-centered school in Queens. All team members will be called upon to employ a “whatever it takes” mentality and activate innovative thinking to help our students.
What We Ask of our Teachers
- Teach – Drive student mastery of core and character standards through excellent teaching practices
- Collaborate – Support efforts to institutionalize effective team practice and build a strong foundation
- Grow – Engage in continual learning and reflective practices to build your skills and career
Our program uses an ICT model for special education support services. ICT teachers at CQA...
1. Support a single grade level of scholars throughout the day
2. Work collaboratively with grade level content teachers
3. Support the management of the IEP paperwork and CSE communication
What We Look For
- Evidence of self-reflective practices, coachability, self-motivation, and collaboration (required)
- Minimum Bachelors Degree (required) and Masters Degree (preferred)
- NYS Certification in respective area of instruction (required)
- At least two years of teaching experience in an urban setting (preferred)
- Experience/strength in content area of application (preferred)
- Expertise in standards-based curriculum design or with UBD framework (preferred)
- Bilingual (Asian or Spanish languages) (preferred)
- Exhibits a high level of organization, a knack for systems of data collection and analysis, and preparedness for instructional blocks (required)
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience,
- Retirement plan participation,
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, vision, and dental insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.