6701 Wisconsin Avenue
Oneness-Family School in Chevy Chase, Maryland, is looking to hire an experienced Communications & Fundraising Manager. For 30 years, Oneness-Family School has carried out its mission to ignite the spark in a new generation of courageous and confident leaders through a student-centered community of diversity, academic excellence, and innovation in the Montessori tradition. Come join our dynamic team and our richly diverse community of faculty, staff and families.
The Communication & Fundraising Manager is a full-time position and involves regular interaction with students, parents, faculty, staff and visitors to the school.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Overseeing weekly and monthly communication to various stakeholders;
- Supporting faculty with communication initiatives to parents;
- Managing the school communication portal;
- Managing school’s social media and website;
- Managing outreach to school alumni and friends;
- Overseeing all school fundraising initiatives including school’s direct giving campaign and auction
- Assisting main office with projects, events, and daily office operations and providing administrative support as needed.
Qualities and characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required (Master’s degree preferred);
- 3-5 years of communication and fundraising experience;
- Montessori schooling or experience a plus, but not required;
- Excellent communication and people skills;
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently based on the needs of the office team;
- Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands;
- Discreet and trustworthy - must be able to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner and also communicate effectively when sensitive information must be shared for the good of the individual or community; Shares information appropriately;
- Excellent filing and information management skills;
- Calendar management.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English.
Minimum Education Required