Details: $43,000 yearly
1504 Bryant St
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Programs, this position provides administrative and data management support to all our programming efforts, including our corporate, leadership, and community volunteering programs. This position will also be responsible for using data to create reports to allow HandsOn Bay Area to communicate its impact to the community.
Impact data collection, management, and reporting
- Oversee and maintain all Salesforce entries for our nonprofit partners and ensure all information for each entry is correct and updated as necessary.
- Support development staff by creating reports for funding opportunities.
- Support marketing and development with monthly volunteer impact reports.
- Build and produce impact reports for Account Managers to report partner-specific corporate impact
- Manage volunteer waiver and sign-in system to track and report on volunteer numbers
- Track community volunteering registration and update partners on project attendance
- Work with Director of Programs to conduct evaluations of programs throughout the year
- Aggregate evaluation data and develop quarterly impact reports
- Support volunteer recruitment and onboarding for all community-based programs: HandsOn Tomorrow, HandsOn Leadership, TeamWorks, etc
- Develop and maintain onsite donation tracking process, including intake, quality control, outreach to beneficiaries, and inventory
- Work with Events Team to distribute and collect waiver tablets and forms for volunteer reporting.
- Assist with vendor and venue management for community-based programs
Responsibilities of all HandsOn Bay Area Staff:
- Embrace HandsOn Bay Area’s core values, mission and vision.
- Be ambassadors for HandsOn Bay Area in the community.
- Support the fundraising efforts of the organization.
- Act as leaders at HandsOn Bay Area corporate service projects as necessary:
Volunteer Project Development
- Coordinate and/or conduct site visits with nonprofit agencies to scope out which activities the volunteers will complete (i.e. painting, gardening, cleaning).
- Research, organize, and prepare plans to make the volunteer project a success.
- Communicate professionally with corporate clients about the details of the events.
Day of Volunteer Project Management
- Ensure that the project experience is safe, productive, and fun for the volunteers.
- Welcome, direct, and instruct/manage large groups of volunteers.
- Communicate clearly with volunteers to articulate goals of the project.
- Troubleshoot any problems that might arise.
- Coordinate project clean-up as the project is ending.
- Ensure that the project goals are met.
- Interest in organizing and maintaining information in a database.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or volunteer management technology systems a plus.
- Experience with program evaluation processes a plus.
- Interest in analyzing data and using spreadsheets (Google sheets).
- Ability to organize and prioritize work; working independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in nonprofit work and belief in the value of community service.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with volunteer service.
- Experience with or familiarity of an affiliate of HandsOn Network, a plus.
- Valid California driver’s license for travel throughout the Bay Area.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Includes a great benefits package (full health/ vision/dental insurance, 3 weeks vacation, community service time off, sabbaticals, and 401k plan with matched contributions up to 4% of salary).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email a cover letter and resume (please convert all attachments to pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 7.
- Include the following email subject line: Impact Data Specialist - [insert your last name here].
- Address the following in your cover letter: How can data or information influence change?