Senior Accountant - Program Accounting
1709 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
The position’s primary responsibility is the tracking of internal and external program funding which supports the United Way’s mission. This position works directly with Program Managers in the Impact (Program) department and reports to the Director of Finance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. (60%) Monthly tracking of program funding. This includes the approval of all invoices to attest that the funding is available for the invoice before Department Leadership approves the invoice.
2. (20%) Develops all budgets from program spending. The budgets will be either for grant submission of for internal program spending. This function will be the lead with the Program Managers in development of the budgets and spending plans.
3. (10%) Completes the external reporting requirements for any grants received from governmental agencies, foundations, etc.
4. (10%) Other related accounting processes and procedures as needed.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience preferred
• At least five (5) years of fund tracking and general accounting experience
• MIP accounting software, Microsoft Office Products
• Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines and to effectively manage, organize, and prioritize projects and workload with attention to detail and strong follow-through
• Proven ability to work in a participative and collaborative manner, to interact well with a diverse range of people; display a positive attitude with all customers
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and function independently in a fast-paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to analyze and problem-solve
• Ability to adapt to changing environments
• Demonstrates required core competencies in accordance with the UWGPSNJ Competency Framework
• Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position
Full competitive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Secondary language is a bonus.
UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. UWGPSNJ does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter including salary expectations to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and note: “Senior Accountant ‘ in the subject line.