40 Wall Street
Purpose of the Position
To provide general support for the legal compliance and recordkeeping functions of the department including working collaboratively with colleagues in the legal department and across departments of Hadassah.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and assist with municipal, state, federal and international regulatory compliance efforts.
- Conduct and assist with legal research projects.
- Prepare and maintain corporate books and records, including minutes, resolutions, and certificates for Hadassah and its related entities and affiliates, and conducting archival research for all Hadassah entities.
- Prepare and assist with annual filing requirements and regulations regarding Hadassah’s tax exempt status, charitable solicitation licenses, and other compliance requirements.
- Maintain agreement templates and policies of the legal department.
- Assist in managing Hadassah’s portfolio of trademarks, including clearance, registrations, renewals, monitoring and enforcement.
- Prepare and assist with the completion of periodic government reports, filings and registrations.
- Assist with the management and organization of contract files, business records and electronically stored information.
- Assist with preparing board and committee meeting materials.
- Create and manage databases as may be required.
- Assist with maintaining Hadassah insurance policies, renewals, insurance certificate requests, and claims for the organization and its Chapters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience
- Education or equivalent experience: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 to 5 years full time paralegal experience in house or with a major law firm in a corporate or compliance area.
- Specialized knowledge or skill: Former paralegal training and/or certification from the American Bar Association. Experience managing corporate books and records.
- Additional Qualifications: Interest and enthusiasm for non-profit work. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, research skills, and organizational skills. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize matters. Collaborate with a diverse number of internal clients and outside business people.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct reports
- Internal: National volunteer leaders, National staff, affiliated entities and Chapters as applicable.
- External: Federal, state and local government staff, outside counsel, insurance broker as applicable.
Accounting/Budgetary Responsibility: None.
Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan.
Minimum Education Required