About Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Atlanta
Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Atlanta is the first legal and policy advocacy center dedicated to defending democracy for Asian Americans, immigrants and refugees in Georgia and the Southeast. Founded in 2010, Advancing Justice – Atlanta serves thousands of vulnerable and underserved people through its core program areas of civic engagement, direct legal services, policy advocacy, and leadership development. Our vision is a social movement where AANHPIs, immigrants, and refugees are fully empowered, active in civic life, and working together to promote equity and fair treatment for all. Advancing Justice – Atlanta is one of five independent civil rights organizations that make up the national Asian Americans Advancing Justice affiliation.
The South has come to a crossroads: with rapidly growing AANHPI (Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander), AMEMSA (Arab, Middle Eastern, Muslim, and South Asian), and immigrant communities, the composition of the South, its electorate, and its power are shifting.
Serving as a member of the senior team, the Director of Development and Communication will shape, manage and drive the implementation of a successful fundraising and communication strategy to support organization and program development goals. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy to ensure that the organization raises its annual $1.6 M budget and develops a strong financial base for the future.
- Take primary responsibility to identify new funding opportunities, lead grant writing, individual campaigns and communication with donors.
- Partner with the Executive Director in cultivating relationships with individuals and corporations to bring them on as sponsors.
- Develop and implement an individual giving program, to include identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors.
- Develop and implement an individual giving program, to include identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of grassroots donors.
- Support Executive Director and train program staff to align specific fundraising strategies with program and organizational priorities and to grow their role and work in fundraising.
- Work in collaboration with Senior Leadership to develop revenue strategies to support program budgets.
- Work with the Finance Dept. to reconcile finances with fundraising outcomes.
- Implement and manage the use of donor database and other information management systems to support fundraising efforts.
- Lead fundraising events and coordinate communication requirements of AAAJ-Atlanta fundraising events (Lobby breakfast, Gala, …)
- Work with Senior Leadership to direct and coordinate communication strategy and activities and build external relationships with the organization's constituencies, including funders and the media.
- Ensure consistent messaging across all marketing/communication channels.
- Align marketing messaging with organization goals/strategies.
- Lead the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, social media and website in English and in-language.
- Identify and support the communication needs of each department with real time support as well as long-term strategy.
- Train staff on effective communication.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across the network's diverse audiences in collaboration with the AAAJ team and constituents.
- Supervise and lead the development and communications team, including consultants and contractors.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field
- 8+ years’ fundraising experience
- Foundation relationship and grant writing experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skill
This position is full-time position with full benefits. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Ideal start date is August 15th.
Advancing Justice – Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of color, low-income people, women, gender non-conforming, and LGBTQI people to apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required