129 West 67 Street
Kaufman Music Center (www.kaufmanmusiccenter.org) is New York City’s creative home for music education and performance. Located on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, the Center serves as a resource for students, artists and audiences through its five divisions: Lucy Moses School, a community school for the arts which offers instruction in music, dance and theater to children and adults; Merkin Concert Hall, an acoustically-renowned performance space known for its innovative programming schedule; Special Music School (P.S. 859), a unique K-12 public school for musically-gifted children; Face the Music, a 100+ member youth ensemble devoted to the performance of works by living composers; and a Theater Wing, which specializes in guiding young people through the process of creating and performing original musical theater works.
Founded in 1952 as a community school for pre-conservatory music training, today's Kaufman Music Center provides entertainment, education and inspiration for more than 75,000 New Yorkers every year.
The Center seeks a diligent, collaborative, energetic professional to join the administration team with primary responsibilities for payroll and HR services. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the HR Administrator will also support other administration functions not directly related to staff.
The Human Resource Administrator must be motivated, proactive, a self-starter and able to relate well to many different constituencies, both internal and external, while promoting a positive work environment. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented individual who is successful in managing high-level projects in a deadline-driven environment and can juggle multiple competing tasks with confidence and accuracy.
· Oversee hourly payroll processing as Kaufman’s ADP eTime Practitioner; classify all new hires, enroll biometric employees in timeclock, code labor to appropriate GL accounts, resolve punch issues.
· Process faculty payroll in excel; maintain up to date pay rates, process timesheets and prepare payroll related reports.
· Maintain current job descriptions, post advertisements for vacancies, track applicants through hire and onboarding, and aid in staff departures.
· Track PTO/Attendance for employees and maintain staff vacation calendar.
· Maintain Kaufman’s phone directory and emergency contact lists.
· Order supplies and oversee the maintenance of copiers and postage machine
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· 2+ years office experience
· Exceptional attention to detail and good judgment
· Excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
· Expertise in Excel
· Experience with ADP payroll systems highly desirable
How to Apply
Please email résumé and letter of interest with salary requirements to email@example.com. Subject line should read: Human Resources Administrator. No phone calls, please.
Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required