240 Washington Street
Program: Saint Mary’s Residence
Position: Residence Manager
Reports to: Director of Housing
The Residence Manager at Saint Mary’s Residence is responsible for overseeing and managing the communal aspect for the residents and in collaboration with Director of Housing, manages the operations and routines of the program. Responsibilities include;
Work with Residents
· Processing Intakes and Orientation
· Processing Discharges
· Managing grievances & conflicts
· Process annual recertifications (income and medical clearance)
Work with Staff
· Supervise Residence Staff
· Process payroll
· Keep track of Paid Time Off (PTO) balances
· Collect, count, and document rent
· Prepare deposit and give it to Finance Manager
· Prepare check requisitions (including credit card breakdown)
· Prepare and manage work orders
· Conduct routine room inspections
· Manage facility inspections (DCA, Health, Fire, Elevator, HVAC, Extermination etc.)
· Post necessary certifications and licenses
· Do basic administrative duties (answer phones, file, maintain resident charts, fax, etc.)
· Attend interagency meetings
· Work with the Jersey City Housing Authority on processing project based vouchers and recertifications
o Bachelor’s Degree (Social Service Related Field)
o Prior supervising experience
o Prior experience working in housing setting
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Ability to establish boundaries and maintain confidentiality.
o Excellent problem solving skills.
o Proficient in using Microsoft Office and other widely utilized software applications.
o Ability to work well as a team.
o Ability to work independently and meet established deadlines.
o Ability to multi-task.
o Flexibility with schedule and ability to stay overnight in an emergency.
Medical Insurance Offered
Paid Time Off
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested in the Residence Manager position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 24, 2018.
Emails should be sent to the attention of Gloria E. Acosta-Nelson, Director of Housing.
Please do not call. An email will be sent acknowledging the receipt of your email and the selected candidates will receive a phone call.
Candidates will undergo a multi-step interview process that will include a phone interview and then a panel interview.