Summary: Catholic Charities of Yolo-Solano(hereinafter “CCYS”) provides supportive services to low-income individuals and families in the counties of Yolo and Solano since 1942, offering services that promote human dignity and advance social justice.
NOTE: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
This position provides direct case management services to disaster survivors and their families through advocacy, information and referral, crisis intervention services, and recovery services. Individual must be supportive, solution focused and resilient as they assist those effected by the disaster. The Case Manager will work with community partners, businesses, and government agencies to assist individuals and families impacted by the disaster in Yolo and Solano Counties.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Community Outreach and Coordination
· Promote the availability of the wildfire project services to the target populations.
· Identify other sources of wildfire relief services and providing referrals.
· Participate as a member of the county Community Organizations Active in Disaster (COAD) and/or Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD); and collaborate with other wildfire relief providers to co-locate services, host events, or participate in events to disseminate information about the availability of services.
· Conduct, thorough needs assessment and develop a recovery plan to address identified disaster related un-met needs.
· Develop a relationship with client families to provide the best advocacy and direction to these families to ensure their reaching self-sufficiency.
· Assist the survivor to determine the best course of action for food, shelter, medical care, and other needs.
· Develop, implement, and monitor recovery plans with disaster survivors and their families to return at a minimum to pre-disaster level of well-being.
· Provide extensive case management and follow-up services.
· Provide highly skilled and culturally sensitive services to diverse populations
· Provide crisis intervention to individuals and families facing emergencies around food, shelter, medical, and other needs as presented by client.
· Utilize knowledge of the resources available at all levels of government (federal, state and local), as well as government and community resources to make appropriate referrals to resolve identified
· Conduct home visits as necessary.
· Advocates and interacts with other service providers on behalf of participants.
· Ensures complete case files and present case files to Case Management Supervisor for review.
· Maintains current and accurate documentation of services provided to clients.
· Ensures all client data is current in disaster case management database(s).
· Reports gaps in services to Case Management Supervisor.
· Attend regular sessions with immediate supervisor.
· Attend Agency’s in-service training and unit meetings as well as any other agency-related activities.
· Complete statistical reports.
· Some non-standard work hours may be required.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Understands CCYS mission and is responsible, adaptive, resourceful, innovative & solution focused and team oriented.
· Demonstrate a fundamental respect for the dignity of others.
· Understands and values quality improvement, able to effectively address overlapping projects and deadlines. Adaptable and reliable in the face of conflict, crisis, or changing priorities.
· A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, valuing a diversity of perspectives and encouraging contributions by all team members.
· High analytical abilities to process large amounts of data from multiple sources.
· Ability to prioritize across multiple types of work.
· Actively engages in problem solving; Responds to complaints; Seeks resolution of conflicts. Is organized, efficient, and effective; Sets goals for work tasks: Identifies priority issues; Meets productivity standards.
· Works collaboratively with community partners, staff, and/or the leadership team to encourage and support the accomplishment of goals/tasks/position duties.
· Provide exemplary customer service to both external and internal clients.
· Demonstrates a commitment to learning and improvements; Pursue activities to enhance personal and professional growth for self and others.
· Protects the confidentiality and information/documentation obtained by nature of work.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred with at least three years of progressive work experience in a
closely related field (e.g., social work, Community Outreach and Advocacy, In-depth
Customer Service) or Associate Degree with five years’ experience in related field.
· Previous disaster experience strongly preferred.
· Proficient in technology, computer operation, word processing and spreadsheets,
specifically using Microsoft Office Suite, and/or Google G-Suite
· Demonstrate high ethical standards.
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
· Knowledge of social service delivery systems and county and local resources.
· Good organizational, time-management and communication skills. High attention to
· Individual must possess the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
· Ability to use de-escalation techniques and trauma informed care to work with individuals
and families that may be experiencing a crisis.
· Previous experience assessing and referring individuals to various community resources, a plus.
· Must be Bilingual Spanish/English.
Summary: Catholic Charities of Yolo-Solano(hereinafter “CCYS”) provides supportive services to low-income individuals and families in the counties of Yolo and Solano since 1942, offering services that promote human dignity and advance…
Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted and required to fill out additional supplement forms.