26 Bleecker Street
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking an Associate Facilities Coordinator. The Associate Facilities Coordinator is a member of our Facilities Department and will be based at the Administrative Offices, located at 26 Bleecker Street, New York, NY 10012.
It is an exciting and important time to work at Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programing so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers, whether through our services, education or advocacy efforts, which prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPNYC knows that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive compensation and robust benefits package to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Associate Facilities Coordinator does:
- Maintains the physical facility at all agency sites including fire safety, security, maintenance and repairs, building exterior, meeting rooms, HVAC systems, and assists in coordinating housekeeping and repair of medical equipment for all centers
- Assists the Facilities Coordinator in purchasing housekeeping and office supplies and other non-medical supplies using Solomon/Dynamics, Word, and Excel for placing and tracking of agency/department orders
- Works within a team and at times performs duties with little supervision
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent, with one to five years of related and/or applicable experience and the ability to become certified as Fire Safety Director / Emergency Action Plan director in Class E buildings in New York City; obtain Certificate of Fitness for Standpipes and Sprinklers
- Boiler’s license or certificate (desired but not required)
-Ability to be on-call and capacity to travel to all 5 sites through use of mass transportation
We offer an excellent, comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your passion, commitment and expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.