Details: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
1001 Connecticut Ave, NW
About Digital Promise
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization authorized by Congress to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
Digital Promise is seeking a mission-driven, innovative professional to serve as a Content Writer/Editor. The Content Writer/Editor will work closely with the Communications team as well as program staff from each of Digital Promise’s initiatives to implement the content strategy and editorial direction of Digital Promise communications. This person will be integral in shaping clear and concise messaging, developing content and content strategies, and executing on communications efforts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning, writing, editing, and proofreading content (e.g., blog posts, press releases, white papers, social media messaging, talking points, ad copy, newsletters) for email, social media, websites, and other channels on a range of education-related topics
- Skillfully editing a variety of content so that it is clear, concise, and consistent with Digital Promise’s messaging, principles, and goals
- Conduct research and interviews, and write stories for Digital Promise’s blog with an eye for storytelling and audience engagement
- Keeping knowledgeable of changing best practices for online and print media
- Collaborating to creatively and enthusiastically brainstorm unique ideas to build Digital Promise content inventory
- Managing production and editorial calendars and maintaining high editorial standards of quality and accuracy
- Working with program and communications staff on content strategy and development
- Bachelor’s degree in communications/marketing, English, education, or related field is required
- 5+ years of experience in communications/marketing, journalism, digital media, education or a related field
- An authoritative, informal writing voice, with ability to make complex concepts and data accessible and compelling to a wide, diverse audience
- Strong writing, copy-editing, and proofing skills, with demonstrated knowledge of and experience in AP Style writing and editing
- Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices in print and online formats
- Proven communication skills with internal teams and clients
- Strong self-direction, attention to detail, and the ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience managing complex multimedia projects involving interactive, video, and audio components preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Wordpress and social media platforms preferred
We also seek candidates with:
- A demonstrated commitment to improving education for students who have historically been underserved
- Experience collaborating and communicating with cross-functional team members to ensure information is shared, projects are completed on time, and goals are reached
- Stellar organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions
- Willingness to take initiative and see tasks through to completion
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do,” “yes-and” spirit
Benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements, along with two writing samples. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.