Part Time Temporary Contract
Free Press Unlimited (FPU) is looking for a media analyst to launch a media monitoring activity based on single events in Syria.
The ideal experienced candidate should have a proven track record with media content monitoring.
The media analyst is required to:
- Lead the event based media monitoring project over a time frame of approximately five months, through an iterative process with Free Press Unlimited and by managing a team of two coders.
- Design an event based monitoring methodology.
- Produce the deliverables of this project, which includes the methodology and reports for publication and internal use.
(Over a period of approximately 5 months, and all in close collaboration with FPU staff)
- Develop a detailed event based monitoring methodology
- Develop the related code book and coding sheets
- Participate in the selection process of coders
- Select a suitable event
- Train coders on the methodology
- Establish a conducive, productive and effective workflow with the coders
- Manage the team of two coders
- Communicate with Free Press Unlimited staff for updates
- Analyse the data
- Write reports (to be determined, for publication and internal use) on the selected event
- Work together with a text editor to finalise the report text
We’re looking for an energetic and driven individual with:
- A degree in Media Studies or a study related to that field.
- Previous experience in qualitative media monitoring analysis.
- Outstanding research and analytic skills.
- Fluency in Arabic, good written and spoken English.
- Knowledgeable on the Middle East and Arab media sector.
- Ability to manage a small team.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate project progress.
- Good communication skills.
We offer a freelance contract, in a dynamic international environment with a NGOs fair salary based on local standards. Free Press Unlimited uses fair selection criteria based on equal opportunities.
Who we are
Across the globe, journalists and media pioneers have taken it on themselves to supply their communities with objective information. Free Press Unlimited actively supports these professionals in over forty countries, by offering them, among other things, trainings and temporary financial and material aid, and by strengthening their professional capacity. So that as many people as possible gain and keep access to truly vital information. For many people around the world, access to reliable information is by no means a given. Nevertheless, impartial information is of crucial importance to all of us if we wish to survive and develop as human beings. For more information on Free Press Unlimited check our website www.freepressunlimited.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV (preferably in PDF format) before 3 June 2018 to email@example.com.