SHOFCO Overview: SHOFCO combats gender inequality and extreme poverty in urban slums by linking tuition free schools for girls to holistic social services for all. The SHOFCO model elevates girls while connecting community transformation to women's empowerment. Our ecosystem of services enables everyone to reach their full potential. Our holistic services change communities today: we improve health, provide economic opportunity, work to end gender-based violence and create sanitation systems that offer dignity. Tomorrow, our girls will become next-generation leaders, disrupting the systems that hold poverty in place.
Position Overview: Responsible for designing and implementing institutional fundraising strategy, securing funding commitments from new and returning funders to meet fundraising targets and overseeing lifecycle of institutional fundraising (prospecting, pitch development, proposal submission, grant reporting, and renewal).
● In partnership with CAO, develop and manage a clearly defined institutional fundraising strategy, including key performance metrics, to align with SHOFCO’s fundraising growth goals.
○ Manage portfolio of institutional funders, build and strengthen institutional funder partnerships to align with organizational priorities, address funding gaps, and meet annual fundraising targets.
● Originate new funding from institutional and major gift sources, managing relationship strategy with key prospects and involving CEO/CAO in cultivation efforts as appropriate.
● Support CEO/CAO on pitch preparation and development, including drafting concept notes, PowerPoints and full proposals.
● Manage full lifecycle of grants, including reporting and on-demand donor requests.
Team Management & Internal Alignment (10%)
● Manage Grants Officer.
● Oversee grant reporting process and ensure responsible parties (including Grants Officer, program staff, M&E team, finance team) are well-coordinated in the production of high-quality narrative grant reports that are delivered 100% on-time.
● Manage and maintain system for tracking leads in Salesforce, ensuring integration of prospecting and outreach efforts across multiple offices and teams.
● In collaboration with Finance team, develop and ensure sound systems and processes for grant budgeting, monitoring of grant spending, and financial reporting, to meet funder expectations and produce quarterly funding gaps reports for internal use.
Database Management & Admin (5%)
● Oversee design of Salesforce and Box systems for tracking fundraising revenue, organizing grant documentation, reporting on proposal and report deadlines and other donor-related activities.
● Responsible for timely data entry and recordkeeping of fundraising revenues, proposal and report deadlines, grant requirements, and donor relationship touch points.
● Support Advancement Associate on developing skills around Salesforce systems design and basic data manipulation in Excel, as needed.
● Passion for the mission and work of Shining Hope for Communities
● Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of fundraising and/or communications experience, international development experience a plus
● Superior written communication skills with the ability to serve as a key purveyor of SHOFCO’s vision, programs, and goals
● Strong analytical thinker with outstanding attention to detail
● Organized, self-motivated, and goal-driven; demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals
● Flexible and able to deal quickly with emergent issues
● Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and G-suite
● Database management and usage experience, proficiency with Salesforce a strong plus
● Some experience with graphic design preferred, experience with Adobe Creative Cloud a strong plus.
● Enjoys working for a fast-paced, high-growth organization
● Must be able to work out of SHOFCO’s New York, NY office, although currently all US staff are working remotely.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with the subject line "YOUR NAME --Senior Manager, Advancement"
SHOFCO Overview: SHOFCO combats gender inequality and extreme poverty in urban slums by linking tuition free schools for girls to holistic social services for all. The SHOFCO model elevates girls while connecting community…