Details: Salary Dependent Upon Experience
120 6th Avenue North
MoPOP’s Grants Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of the organization’s grant funding portfolio, from new funder research to final reporting. The Grants Manager will establish and implement the strategy for grant funding for the organization, including identifying opportunities and working with various department leadership to seek funding for appropriate museum initiatives. This position also leads the post-award process, collaborating across departments to ensure grantor requirements are fulfilled. Additionally, the Grants Manager serves as an institutional point person for donor-facing communications and as a hub of high-level organization-wide output and impact data.
Essential Functions (other duties as assigned):
· Write, co-write and copy-edit grant applications, corporate sponsorship proposals, annual giving appeals, reports,
and donor communications.
· Research, identify, and develop new grant funding opportunities; research and write funding letters of inquiry.
· Develop relationships with all current and prospective funding entities and serve as main point person for these
relationships on behalf of the institution. Attend meetings with representatives from grant funding organizations as
· Maintain grants tracking for the advancement department, tracking prospects, proposals, awards and visits
necessary in support of grant funding efforts.
· Work collaboratively and cooperatively with all Museum departments to ensure comprehensive and accurate
representation of programs, services, accomplishments, participation, etc., both in crafting proposals and in
submitting any required reporting on grant-funded activities
· Maintain a library of reference documentation, including such information as grantor requirements and forms,
MoPOP team profiles and resumes, records of organization’s outstanding achievements, awards, and
contributions, reference literature, collateral and other pertinent material.
· Review all components of each grant submission, ensuring that the proposal is formatted, packaged, and submitted
in accordance with granting agency requirements. Ensure timely submission of grant proposals, applications, and
· Lead post-award grant administration to ensure that budgeting and administrative policies, procedures, activity
tracking, reporting and any other grantor requirements are being followed.
· Maintain and apply working knowledge of funding trends, best practices in grant writing and grants management,
and changes in the funding landscape that affect MoPOP
· Work across departments to solicit, collect, and maintain internal qualitative and quantitative data, including stories
of impact, testimonials, and impact data; serve as a resource to others by serving up this information as needed.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· 3 - 5 yrs experience managing grant process and writing grants.
· Demonstrated success writing and managing grants of $10,000 to $1,000,000 from foundation, corporate, and
government grant funding sources at local, regional, and national levels.
· Thorough knowledge of grant application policies, procedures and processes, including: working knowledge of
best practices, grant funding research tools and ability to create grant budgets.
· Experience with arts and education grants strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated skill in successfully generating significant grant funding resources and maintaining adequate
program and financial oversight.
· Proven ability to work effectively across departments in developing, organizing and managing grant proposals and
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to adapt writing for various audiences, from institutional funders to members and individual donors, and
manage effective fundraising communications across multiple channels.
· Strong grammar and spelling skills with the ability to independently compose and/or edit materials; experience
proofing and editing under tight deadlines.
· Strong time management, organizational, and follow-through skills.
· Superior attention to detail.
· Proficient w/ MS office tools, database tools, and internet research.
· Proven skills in organizing resources, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, grant project budgets,
statements and/or projections; knowledge of budgeting and fiscal management principles and procedures.
· Ability to handle stress and stay, focused, even-tempered and congenial when faced with multiple deadlines.
Please submit two writing samples with your application. A success grant proposal or LOI preferred.
additional floating holidays, subsidized transportation benefit, yearly wage increase, 100% employer provide medical/dental coverage, employer 401k matching contribution
Minimum Education Required