120 Wall Street
AFS-USA is part of a worldwide network of AFS partner organizations that work together to advance global education and foster meaningful connections across cultures. As the network’s largest partner, AFS-USA works to increase the global competency of U.S. citizens by providing a variety of international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities. We are proud of our Staff of approximately 200 dedicated individuals, working from our national office in New York City as well as home offices across the county, who collaborate with our more than 4,000 AFS-USA Volunteers to deliver high quality programs and global education resources. These include: immersion based study abroad experiences in over 40 countries worldwide; opportunities to host foreign AFS exchange students; and global learning workshops and curricula for educator, schools and businesses.
The Graphic Designer in Marketing is a visual artist that pushes the limits of the branding guidelines while keeping a consistent look and feel of a brand that has a wide range of constituencies. This individual is responsible for creating visuals for print, digital media and video targeted to wide variety of audiences from students, to volunteers to host families and internal staff.
This person is highly interested in design, typography, color theory and composition, and is respectful of and fully understands how to follow branding guidelines.
He or she works in the marketing department collaborating with copywriters, marketing coordinators, web strategists and marketing and operations strategiest in the creation of advertisement and promotional campaigns and pieces for internal and external audiences.
His or her portfolio has a variety of industries and deliverables represented demonstrating creativity, flexibility and expertise in the use of creative digital tools, most important of which, social media (eg. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.) This person has extensive experience in print and web design and has mid level coding skills.
The Graphic Designer reports to the Senior Manager of Digital Marketing and Web Strategy who provides art direction and quality assurance on all materials produced by the Marketing Department.
- Be a highly motivated team player that communicates his/her ideas, accepts feedback and keeps a brain storming session lively and varied.
- Push the limits of the visual identity by bringing new and fresh ideas on the visual elements being design.
- Layout and design web banners and ads, microsites, web pages and social media based imagery as well as flyers, posters, brochures, and other print based materials.
- Assist in building and publishing microsites, web pages, blogs, news, events and social media posts by supplementing web optimized graphics and making HTML and CSS coding edits.
- Understand the needs and priorities of the Marketing Department based on the set national marketing strategy.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, Digital Arts or similar.
- 2 years experience in a similar position.
- Exceptional creativity and innovation.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Expert use of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Acrobat Pro is a must. Knowledge of Adobe Premier Pro or similar video editing tools is a plus.
- Passion for Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter + new platforms)
- Medium to advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience working in WordPress is a definite plus.
- Comfortable in either Mac or PC environment.
- Multitask oriented. Can work on multiple projects at a time on different timelines.
- Works in some projects as a team and goes solo on others.
- Must be flexible in switching projects based on shifting priorities.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
The Graphic Designer typically works from 9:00-5:00, Monday through Friday, however, during peak seasons and often during the course of the year, some weekend and evening hours might be required. Some travel is required.
SALARY AND BENEFIT:
We offer salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package.
AFS-USA is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. AFS-USA prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, including behavior which targets an individual or group based on perceived or actual characteristics, such as but not limited to: race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, familial status, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, alienage, citizenship status, caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offense or stalking, unemployment status, status as a certified medical marijuana patient or any other legally protected classification.
Medical, Dental, HRA, FSA, Retirement Plan, Paid Holiday Days, Vacation Days, Floating Holidays, and more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Do you want to join the AFS-USA Team?! To apply, please click on the link. Please include your cover letter and resume in the application. No phone calls please.