Full Time Contract
The Global Crop Diversity Trust is an international organization with Headquarters in Bonn, Germany whose mission is to ensure the conservation and availability of crop diversity for food security worldwide. For further information about the Global Crop Diversity Trust, consult the web page at http://croptrust.org
The Global Crop Diversity Trust is seeking candidates for the position of:
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Science and Programs and in support of Science Team members, the Administrative Assistant will work as part of the Science Team to provide administrative support to the Genebank Platform Project and the Crop Wild Relative Project as well as other science projects and activities. Specifically the Administrative Assistant will carry out the following duties:
· Communication and logistics: assist in the review, recording and answering of correspondence; respond to enquiries; make sound decisions and ensure action following appropriate consultation on issues arising during the supervisor’s or other Team members’ absence; prepare visual presentations and other communication materials; make arrangements for visitors; make logistical arrangements for project meetings, seminars and conferences and assist in arrangements for duty travel through the Travel and Meetings Officer; liaise with Operations and Finance colleagues on a variety of logistic and financial matters.
· Project administration: assemble and prepare necessary project documentation; assist in the contract and report clearance process; format documents; edit documents for syntax and language; gather required information for recruitment of consultants and requests for contracts; monitor budgets in liaison with Finance staff; interact with external agencies on non-technical administrative matters; send out approved correspondence through project email addresses.
· Enhancement of communication processes in the Team: promote communication and facilitate information flow in the Team; schedule and attend the various Team and Finance meetings, draft concise and accurate agenda/minutes, file them and distribute them in a timely manner; oversee induction processes.
· Office organization: establish and enhance clerical systems; maintain office files (electronic and physical); manage mail correspondence and archiving system; assist the Science Team staff with the scheduling of their activities, management of the Team calendar and scheduling of appointments.
· Maintenance of information resources: undertake accurate data entry into Enterprise Management System (ERP), Alfresco and associated databases; conduct searches and preliminary analysis of information; contribute to reports and other information products as requested.
· Perform other duties as required.
Terms and Conditions: The Crop Trust offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive salary, non-contributory retirement savings plan, medical insurance and leave provisions. This is a General Service position classified as Level 2, with Level 3 being the highest. The salary range for Level 2 starts at Euro 30,000. All benefits are denominated and paid in Euros. Staff of the Global Crop Diversity Trust (including German nationals) are exempt from host country income tax. Relocation costs are not covered. The initial contract will be for a period of 3 years, subject to a probationary period of 12 months.
Level of Language Proficiency
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Secondary school education, supplemented by office and administrative training;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in an international working environment.
- Fluent English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of other languages is an advantage;
- Proficiency in relevant software packages (Macintosh OS, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Keynote);
- Knowledge of standard office procedures;
- Demonstrated personal organization, priority setting and accuracy;
- Sound judgment and initiative; ability to work independently within assigned areas.
- Sound interpersonal, communications and teamwork skills; courtesy & tact and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of cultural and national backgrounds;
- Strong client orientation and service approach.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications: Interested candidates should submit the following (incomplete applications will not be considered):
1. A one-page summary of your qualifications and experience, indicating how you meet the expected set of skills and competencies for the position and your motivations for applying.
2. Your Curriculum Vitae in English (please include your current residence address, telephone, fax and email address, date of birth, gender and nationality);
3. Names and full contact details of at least three referees.
The above items should be sent to: Human Resources Office, Global Crop Diversity Trust, preferably by email at email@example.com no later than 12 March 2018. Alternatively, applications can be sent by mail to the following address: Platz der Vereinten Nationen 7, 53113 Bonn, Germany. All mailed applications must be postmarked by the above deadline. Please quote source of advertisement.